Wish list

Started by farmboy, March 29, 2016, 04:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

What guns are on your wish list? How bad do you want them?

sakorick

I need to get my 35 Whelen built....I have the action and barrel. The barrel needs to be reamed, blued and headspaced. I'm still looking for a good Smith close by but will probably have to send it off to Skaggs in Oregon. I know he has the reamer.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

I'm in the 'reduction', not addition, mode. I need to 'thin the herd' a bit.

Special guns at special prices - like the recently acquired Sauer - are the exception. I'm not looking for anything specific, but I am always looking for 'specials', whatever they may be. Special for me are; multi-barrel firearms like drillings, Cape guns, and double rifles; flintlock muzzleloaders; single-shot rifles with 'old' actions like Martini-Henrys and Martini-Enfields, Greener, etc.; Husqvarna model 51 shotguns in 16 ga; and NICE 28 gauge shotguns for a "nice" price. (A model 51 Husky in 28 would be a dream but such was never made.)

I don't think there is a bolt gun made today that I am interested in owning. I could be wrong. And there are no 'modern' shotguns I am interested in whatsoever, regardless of gauge. The only rifle calibers that interest me are; .257, 8mm, .338, and .40 and above.

I would very much like to build a flintlock 'squirrel gun' in .36 or .32 caliber.

Pistols have never held my interest except muzzleloaders, and that itch is pretty much scratched with the .63 caliber flintlock I currently own.

A great deal of the 'tinkering itch' is scratched with the AR-10 and AR-15 platforms. However, I own a couple of dozen Mauser bolt-action receivers that 'need' to be made into rifles.

Oh yeah, there is a 'bespoke' bolt gun chambered in .444 Marlin that I covet.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

I seem to think I need a M1 Garrand, maybe a carbine too. .... at CMP price.

A sweet little Browning semi-auto .22 would be a nice addition to the .22 collection. :yes:

Oh, and an original flint lock Kentucky long rifle.

Seems everyone has more money to spend than I do these days. :undecided:

sakorick

Quote from: JaDub;144015I seem to think I need a M1 Garrand, maybe a carbine too. .... at CMP price.

At CMP price????? They don't have anymore and the auction prices are insane. Good luck JD.

davidlt89

I don't know much about them, but would like an "ole time" muzzleloader! I need to talk to Alboy! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

JaDub

10-4 on auction prices !!!!!  All the M1s are going for $1,500 to 2,500.  :cry:

I distinctly remember nice  CMP M1s for $600 not too long ago.    :cens:

sakorick

Quote from: JaDub;14402210-4 on auction prices !!!!!  All the M1s are going for $1,500 to 2,500.  :cry:

I distinctly remember nice  CMP M1s for $600 not too long ago.    :cens:

Me too!

gitano

We should talk, JaDUb. I have an M1 Carbine that I might get talked out of.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

jaeger88

Ive just seen a Merkel o/u double rifle in 9.3  X 74R, that I would just love.

At £5,000 though, it wont be living in my gun cabinet any time soon !.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

JaDub

Gorgeous gun Jaeger !

gitano

Merkels are certainly nice, but in all honesty, you couldn't give me a rifle of any make if it had a hogsback butt on it. I own a rifle (8x57) with a hogsback butt, and excluding the 10 ga muzzleloader and the Cape gun I made, it is the most brutal recoiling rifle I have ever shot, and the reason is 100% stock DESIGN - NOT "fit". ANY drop-at-comb causes the rifle to rotate upward into your face as it recoils. (The 10 gauge and Cape gun are both "shotguns", and consequently have a great deal of drop-at-comb.) It's simple physics. I really can't understand the German's fascination with the hogsback design.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

jaeger88

I have to admit, Ive never fired a rifle heavier than my old Krico .308, that's had a hogsback stock on it.

That rifle did have quite a bit of recoil, but weather that was due to the stock design, or because it was very light, or maybe both, I don't know.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

I had a 7mm Mauser in the CZ classic stock which was a hog back and by most acclaim, a ladies gun..........kicked like an '06!:eek:

Tags: