Gohpers

Started by HARRY SACZ, January 29, 2005, 09:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HARRY SACZ

I have them slowly making it to my lawn, trouble is i cant shoot them the city police would not like that very much. Poison is not an option as i have pets. Perhaps i could buy a slingshot? Any ideas?

RatherBHuntin

hahaha, lol, hehehehe, You seen Caddy Shack?  I had the little varmints when I was in California, good luck.  I had moderate success with traps.  About the size of a rat trap but all steel and you put it down in the hole.  They come with a little stake and a cable that you secure it above ground with.  Get a bigger stake or tie it to an immovable object, I had several traps that were drug away down the holes.  Tried the poison smoke bombs, poison, ExLax, and some water hose action.  The traps were the best, that or get a cat.  The cats loved em and have the patience to wait them out at the holes.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

HARRY SACZ

Maybe i should do the Caddyshack thing, then i will not have to mow anymore.

Mark Kaiser

Get a air rifle such as the pellet gun.;)

Daryl (deceased)

My granddad has a trap he calls a "black hole trap", and it seems to work pretty effectively.  Each time he sees a new mound from gophers digging, he digs up the hole and sets the trap.  Not long after that, he has the gopher.

I haven't looked close at it, but it's made of a short length of black pipe.  If you can find one, get it!  They work great.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Daryl (deceased)

A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

HARRY SACZ

Thanks, those gopher holes are really hard on my dogs legs.

jaylym

i would recomend a pellet gun. it's much funner than traps.  if you dont have one you can get one for 25 bucks at wal-mart or borrow one from a friend.

HARRY SACZ

cant do that neibors would not like it

jaylym

oh, thats too bad.  but then i guess they'd object to gasoline poured down the hole then, well, no more gophers. :)

Tags: