Jay's Cartridge Series

Started by Daryl (deceased), February 03, 2010, 08:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl (deceased)

Gitano told me earlier that he'd like to bring up Jay's old cartridge series if possible to make them more available to users.

I took that upon myself this morning, and I'm pretty sure I now have them all copied into the forum I created for the purpose.

If any of you have the time and inclination, feel free to edit/delete posts that don't add to the "information" the thread(s) contain.

These threads are not the originals, and since the originals still exist in their original location, no one should care if their posts are removed from these. It's not a personal thing, and it's not a matter of violation that causes the deletion/editing. It's simply a matter of minimizing the "chaff" that users have to read through to find relevant information.

There will be many of my own posts removed, I'm quite sure, and it's expected. Please do not feel intimidated in removing stuff that doesn't add to the informational purpose of the threads created/copied here.

Thanks,
Daryl

Edited to add:  The "Cartridges of the World" sub-forum is read only, but should let you edit posts.  You won't be able to post to the threads.

That will eliminate the possibility of members inadvertently adding opinions to the threads.
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Daryl (deceased)

As an added note, I'm "sticking" the threads as I edit/condense them to help keep track of which have and haven't been done

They can be "unstuck" later if needed.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

gitano

Thanks Daryl. I'll have a look as soon as I get a chance.

As for removing posts, remove all of mine as you see fit. I think the "library" should be as streamlined and focused as we can keep it.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

I find it odd that as thorough as this list of cartridges is, it doesn't include the 8x57 Mauser or JS.

Do you all suppose thas that by happenstance or design?
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

Actually, there were once MANY more. They got lost in one of the system crashes. Actually, I think it may have happened that they were lost twice, and the second time Jay just didn't put them back up. This is definitely the "short list".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Daryl (deceased)

Quote from: gitano;103696Thanks Daryl. I'll have a look as soon as I get a chance.

As for removing posts, remove all of mine as you see fit. I think the "library" should be as streamlined and focused as we can keep it.

Paul

Agreed, but if your posts contain relavent information, I'll leave 'em.

Same with anyone else's.  There shouldn't be more than a few posts in each thread in most cases, but sometimes things are "added" by others that might be informational.

There's a lot of trimming that needs done so that we can see through the forest, though.

Daryl

RIP Linden33

davidlt89

well done Daryl!!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

sakorick

I'll get to work on the 8mm Mauser. Does anyone know where Jay got the original drawings from? For clarity I recommend a separate write up for the IS(JS) and the 7.92-57I as they are two different cartridges. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

I THINK he got them out of Fred Barnes' "Cartridges of the World", but I"m not sure of that. I'll see if I can find out.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

noel

I noticed quite a bit of info in the 300h&h file.as a friend of mine has one I was looking for information on that cartridge to settle a discussion over it's capabilities.I can't find the article now but it refered to it as the "queen" in her day.this due to being one of the first transition cartridges from black powder to smokeless.it is now outdone by several of the 300 mags,but still is a good shooter.ammo is hard to find and pricey.
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

Tags: