New Hot Spots in Africa

Started by westernhunter, May 29, 2005, 08:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westernhunter

Anyone interested in hunting for dangeorus game should check out the www.trophyhuntafrica.com website. I do not know if they have added the Tanzania page yet, but they have just partnered with the son of the late cheif of the Masai to have exclusive hunting in the Salous and Masai Land for buffalo, lion, leopard, and elephant. Plus lots of plains game. I was just talking with them this past week and they have it all together. Including an American to oversee all hunting.

Springbuck

Thank you for the information regarding hunting opportunities in this "old" continent of ours.  It is always recomendable to shop around and compare opportunities as well as prices as conditions and outfitters do differ in their approaches.   Please just keep in mind that rules regarding the co-ordination and approval of hunts can change overnight.  Ask your Embassy beforehand to verify that hunting is allowed in a specific area or concession for the species that you have in mind.  Also, make sure that you have the necessary travel documents with you.  In certain countries, the import and export of firearms are well regulated.  Also ensure that you will have the neccessary medication for Malaria on hand should you be travelling in high risk areas.   I know I sound like a nagging old man, but us Africans are used to our continent and getting by.  If you are travelling from the US or Europe, you not only expect a certain degree of proffesionalism and service, both which at times can be seriously lacking and this alone could sour that ultimate safari.  Keep those PH's honest by demanding the best service at all times.  It is your dollars and euro's that keep the industry going.

Springbuck

Tags: