Started by NUMBERFARMER, December 03, 2004, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NUMBERFARMER

Why doesn't someone in administration either put a permanent post here telling memebers how to set up avatars or just come out and tell them that in order to get one they have to contact administration. Why has this been such an elusive topic. What is the big deal? If administration wants to approve the avatars just come out and say so other wise if we have all missed how to do it, give some directions. I have mine, but I wasted 4 hours over two days trying to figure out how to do it before I finally gave up and contacted those in charge of the sight. And before any of the moderators or administrators give directions they should log in as a regular user so they realize our options are not the same as theirs. As many times as the question has been asked it just seems like the right thing to do.

Jay Edward (deceased)

I'm sorry NF...there is no way for me to log in as a 'regular member'.  You can send a PM to Staff but all I have before me are my own controls as an Administrator.

We don't pre-judge 'avatars' other than pointing folks towards the Forum Policy.  But any avatar, graphic, signature or post that violates Forum Policy will be dealt with...swiftly.  This is a family site and we are very protective of all who visit here that expect to see a clean, friendly site.

There is one job that I've taken upon myself...when I see it.  If a graphic file is too large I will resample/resize it so that it loads faster and dosen't take up so much bandwidth.  In some cases I might adjust the color tone or sharpen it for the benefit of all.  So far, over the course of a few years, no one has objected.

NUMBERFARMER

Jay you were more than patient and helpful with me and my avatar, my point was to let the people know that they can't do it themselves so that they won't waste their time.  It is fine that the forum is protective.  I have no problem with that, in fact that is why I spend time here.  But why doesn't the forum just let the people know that they can't post avatars on their own? Again please understand I am grateful, it was just a suggestion to make the forum more efficient and user friendly.

Jay Edward (deceased)

Tags: