Brand new Shiloh!

Started by LeRoy, October 12, 2005, 09:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeRoy

Well my wife and I finally made our trip to Montana and Wyoming in September. We met up with Mike Venturino and others in Missoula for their two day shoot. Mike Otterberg let me shoot his Shiloh at the pis and the rams....and I was hooked! Everyone there was great...never met a better bunch of people.
Anyway, we made it to Big Timber, and the Shiloh Store, and as you can see from the pic, I bought one!
She's a # 1 Sporter with a 30" standard weight bbl., 45-2.1, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, traditional steel buttplate, weighing in at 10 lbs., 6 ounces.
As soon as the paper work goes through I will let you know how it shoots. I plan on shooting mainly BP and paper patched bullets.
Hope you like the pic, LeRoy.
ps...not smiling 'cuase I can't take her home with me!!

Alboy

Nice

You have a real romance starting up there.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

buckshot roberts

:D Hey congrats on that nice look'n shiloh, you may not be smiling on the outside, But on the inside;).
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

quigleysharps4570

Jay Edward (deceased)

Never met a Sharps I didn't like!

Buttttttt....I do prefer the .40 calibers.

Oldtimer

Want to trade wives long enough for me to get one too. I think Quigley could help me pick out a cal.
Legends die when dreams end
When dreams end there is no more greatness.

Oldtimer

gitano

Mmmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

GMWW

Your going to like your Shilo sharps.  I have one and it is a tack driver.  Make sure you get your free hat!

quigleysharps4570

Sure would like to hear an update...how's she shoot?

slamfire

I'm kinda sceptical about them new fangled breech loaders too! :D
Bold talk, from a one-eyed fat man. ;)

mtsharps

Nice sharps LeRoy one day I will get a shiloh till then my Pedretti will have to do for hunting have a good day

Jay Edward (deceased)

I was speaking to a gentleman on the telephone the other day and I recall saying that the .40-65 Winchester was a 'factory offering' again.  For a long time it was an 'obsolete cartridge' but it is offered in singleshots again.

I really like this cartridge and with the 300 + grain cast lead bullet it surely gets the job done.  I'm not sure whether or not the Shiloh is offered in this chambering but if it isn't it surely should be.  I know that the .45-70 Gov. seems like a big step off to those of you just getting into old style single shots but the .40s like the .40-65 Winchester and .40-60 Maynard as well as the short .50s are worth looking at.

quigleysharps4570

I wouldn't mind having that 40-65...would make a fine deer cartridge I'm thinking. BTW...here's a link to the Shiloh site if there are any that haven't seen it.
http://www.shilohrifle.com/ Fine rifles. My ole Pedersoli will have to do me though. Unless I hit the lottery.

Tags: