Bird eating deer?!?

Started by 12 gauge, October 10, 2004, 04:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highstand

Yeah they are pretty cool. There are actually four or five that are almost all white. There is even one that had a blueish tail. I need to figure out how to get one so I could stuff him.

Highstand

12 gauge

lol, might wanna check your state's pamplet, to see if it is legal or not to kill them..

It is strange how you can find deer eating certain things that you never really thought they would eat..

Oh well, nature is unpredictable...

God bless :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

cgphunter

Not sure what the law says about 'em, but it would be cool to see one mounted.

Chris
It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
- Mark Twain

Any relation to the land, the habit of tilling it, or mining it, or even hunting on it, generates the feeling of patriotism.
- Ralph W. Emerson

12 gauge

Yes it would be cool to see one!

If it is legal and it is mounted, be sure to show the pictures ok?

God bless :D

Highstand

From the NYS DEC Site:

Protection and promoting general public awareness of a species is a good way to secure its status. Each year the New York State hunting and trapping regulation guides remind hunters and trappers that the striped skunk is a valuable furbearing resource. The regulations allow only a limited, open harvest season. This type of regulatory protection has been successful. The striped skunk is abundant in New York and its populations are secure.

Our season is September 1st through the last day of February.

I am going to attempt to get a skunk over the next week. Bow and arrow. Might be a bad idea if I get sprayed.

Jim

cgphunter

Might be a good idea to practice your long range bow hunting skills. lol

Good luck, and it might also be good advice to actaully be upwind of an animal. lol

Chris
It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
- Mark Twain

Any relation to the land, the habit of tilling it, or mining it, or even hunting on it, generates the feeling of patriotism.
- Ralph W. Emerson

Highstand

I think I might try and get him in a plastic suit. LOL.

Jim

cgphunter

Might want to wear latex gloves and tape the seams.lol
They sure can smell up a place. I was "asked" to remove one that went under our church one year. Man that was no fun at all. I couldn't smell anything for days. He fried my nose. He didn't spray me, but crawling on my belly for a few hours where he had been was enough. Good luck, and think of my pain when you take him out. lol

Chris
- Mark Twain

- Ralph W. Emerson

12 gauge

Be sure to have tomato juice waiting for you at home...You never know..

Good luck on getting the skunk and god bless :D

Tags: