Parker Hale unveiled

Started by sakorick, June 03, 2005, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Wow!!! Mat, that's a beauty. Someone did a beautiful job refinishing it and installing the decelerator pad....am I right? That mauser has a 3 digit SN too....BH will be along soon to drool. He may be able to find you a sight cover too. You rifle reeks with class. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Big Banger

Thanks Rick, the rifle actually looks better in the pictures. The stock has been refinished and the decelerator installed but the rest is original. I have a new old stock recoil pad that I will put on it. I would like to get a sight cover for it.
Mat

R70Mach1

I had posted these in another thread but this one obviously has more action. I have had several Parker Hales over the years and have never bothered to research them. I found this forum while searching the internet last week. Here are my four 30-06's.  I have a .308 also that I will photograph.  I will try to take some better pictures if you would like.  I have a presentation grade 1200. A plain wood 30-06.  A rounded fore end 30-06 and then my son's P-H that the stock broke and my uncle made a new stock for him.

Big Banger

:COOLdude: Another Parker Hale fan!
Nice rifles!
Mat

dragon66

Hi,

I'm new to Hunter's Life and I realize that this thread has about run it's course, but I thought I'd add my $.02.

I have 2 Parker Hale 1200's, a .308 that I bought new in '70 and a .300 Win Mag that I bought on an online auction last year.  The .300 needs some stock work and I'm looking for a gunsmith I can trust to do it right.  I'm happy with both mine and think that they're good rifles for a reasonable price.

Lots of info on P-H here, glad I found this.

Regards,

Joe

gitano

Most of the time here are THL, anybody's $0.02 is welcome, and that's certainly true in this case. Welcome to THL, Joe.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

rkg

Hey everyone,
I cannot believe I found so many people who appreciate parker hales. What a great place. Still new to the whole sport, but as with everything in my life I prefer the less travelled path. So when it came to purchasing a rifle, all my buddies are telling me to go mainstream and go with the flashy pictured and well written brands, but I can't. I live in Alberta and found in a very obscure little gunshop a Parker Hale Midland in 270 Win. It is very clean, hardly any markings or scratches. Comes mounted with a Simmons 3-9x40mm scope on Weaver mounts. Bolt has no movement and inside of barrel seems ok. From what i have read over the last several pages this seems like a deal at $499, but i will try to post some pics for further info.

Brithunter

Hi There,

The Midland rifle used hte same barrels as the other P-H rifles but had a different action. The bolt on the Midland is like the Springfield 03 bolt. The Midland rifle was made as a more basic model to the P-H 1100 and 1200 Super. Sorry cannot help on price comparisons.
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

Maybe this thread should be "stickied".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Steveb

Hi all. Im new to the forum and would like to ask a question. Has anyone heard of a parker hale model 1500 safari deluxe? The rifle has a m98 action and the big mauser saftey,( not the saftey's that are "push foward" types in all the pics on this thread). Any input would be appreciated.

Regards from South Africa

Brithunter

Hi There,

You sure it's a 1500 and not 1100? I have an 1100 which has trhe normal Mauser flag safety, well did have until I swopped it for the P-H low Scope safety that they kindly sent me when still in operation.
Go Get them Floyd!

Steveb

Hi. Im 99% sure. It was given to me by my dad who bought it in the early 70's. It came with a .243 barrel and a spare 270 barrel. The action is long. (enough to fit a 30-06 catrige in it). Unfortunatly il only be able to post a photo  and the exact details on monday as the rifle is at another place at the moment. I was really just curious as mine looks different to the others shown in this forum  :)

sakorick

Quote from: Steveb;82541Hi. Im 99% sure. It was given to me by my dad who bought it in the early 70's. It came with a .243 barrel and a spare 270 barrel. The action is long. (enough to fit a 30-06 catrige in it). Unfortunatly il only be able to post a photo and the exact details on monday as the rifle is at another place at the moment. I was really just curious as mine looks different to the others shown in this forum :)

To the best of my knowledge Parker Hale imported the M1000, M1200 Super, 1100 Light and Magnum series to the US. If it has 2 barrels perhaps it is a 1200 varient. If so, it would be imported by Jana, Denver, Colo and have a gold adjustible trigger and a side safety. I have never heard of the M1500 therefore they are certain to exist. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Steveb

Let me first of all apologise for gettin everybody thinking. Was thinking long and hard last night with a couple of cold ones and relized that it is a model 1200! i managed to get it confused with my Howa wich is a model 1500. Anyways il post a picture(if i figure out how to) on monday of it!

Thanks for the replies

Brithunter

Hmmm this will interesting as the flag safety puts a lot of models out fo the running including the 1200 as far as I am aware.
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: