A Froggy went a courtin'

Started by recoil junky, November 23, 2013, 07:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

And he did ride . . . . . .

I digresss

As I was pouring coffee this morning I looked out across my vast holdings :rolleyes:  looking for deer. Saw this (please excuse picture quality, shot through binoculars) nice buck (next year) courting.

From the kitchen window

From the dining room

Kinda looks like this one from last year?

I need to get a deer tag next year and take this guy out of the gene pool.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Jamie.270

Another year and a little more mass on that rack, and he'll be a dandy!

(a little alfalfa hay to get him through the winter probably wouldn't hurt either ;) )
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

recoil junky

Heck, I been a feedin him for three or four years a'ready!! Well not last year as we had to sell our equines, hay is/was nearing $500 a ton. This year it's 200-250.

Still at that price he can go eat with the neighbor's horses.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

I may get an archery or ML buck tag for next year and pay him a visit. ;)
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Great pics!

Just speculating here, but that doesn't look like much change over the course of a year. I would have expected more.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Oh he's lots taller and wider plus the fork on the left beam is split more.

As a side note, I just lit of two cylinders full out of each of the 44's. Didn't phase them at all. They're still camped out in the pasture just below the shooting bench.

:COOLdude:

Oh, the rock is dead, long live the rock. :antlers:

RJ

gitano

You wait around long enough, and that buck's gonna die of old age...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: