Range update P-H 1100 Lwt .308

Started by Brithunter, November 04, 2008, 01:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

Hi All,

I am sorry to report that I was unable to repeat that exceptional group shot a couple of weeks ago with this rifle :( In fact we didn't do very well last Sunday at all :frown . During the week I had the stock off to adjust the trigger to remove all the creep as when i got the rifle the trigger was adjusted horribly with lots of drag and it was fairly heavy too. I adjusted it then but didn't get it quite right so I got some brass weights tied them to a piece of string with a loop one end for the trigger and set the trigger to break at 3lbs clean witht he stock off. It might be a little light but I will try it with gloves on before making a final decision.

Due to the weather, it's very wet here right now :Banghead: , I was the only one using the 75 metre range :greentongue: the others were all huddled under the canopy of the 25 metre range so I used lane 8 which has the steel bolted down bench on it with my sand bag atop my milsurp ammo tin. For some reason I don't seem to shoot well from this :confused: . My technique must be flawed as I got a group split in two with one called pulled shot. The group has two shots touching or almost touching split by a  0.84" gap so I will try it again from the prone position and see if it makes a difference.

None of the groups were bad as such being around 1.100" and 1.200" but after that exceptional group I was expecting groups of around 3/4" or less :undecided: . I certainly would be happy to take it afield after game as is :) .
Go Get them Floyd!

ForneyRider

When all is said and done, there is a lot more said than done.

Brithunter

Well the triggers on the 1100 De Luxe and 1100 Lwt both have P-H adjustable triggers. They look like the Timney but have the Parker-Hale trade name cast in the body (Raised) and 48/98 as they fit the Mauser 98 and 48 actions. how made them first or even designed them I don't know :confused: . My 1100M in 458 has a std Mauser trigger which I have worked over to reduce the heavy pull it did have.
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: