Dog Names

Started by RatherBHuntin, July 13, 2008, 01:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunslingergirl

When I was a kid we had a black lab named Sheba.  Her AKC name was Lady Sheba of Midland.  Don't ask me why.

My Dad had a Yellow Lab he named Augustus McRae after the character in Lonesome Dove.  We called the dog Gus and it suited him perfectly.

Dad now has a female Yellow Lab named Marlie.  He inherited her and she was already named, but the name suits her.  She's a very dainty, ladylike dog.
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

Daniel in Ak

Quote from: Daryl;81770Hey Daniel,

RBH knows this area some, so I bet he knows of those places too.

;)

Daryl
You tell RBH stay outta my secret hutning spots :)  I may wanna come back and do some hutning. LOL!

Daryl (deceased)

Quote from: Daniel in Ak;83809You tell RBH stay outta my secret hutning spots :) I may wanna come back and do some hutning. LOL!

I'm gonna be in one of our spots this weekend, Daniel.

Remember where we stopped and shot jackrabbits in the flats way back when we camped in Red Rock with Matt?  We'll be due east of there, up in the canyons north of the ranch house that's on the main road.

I'll give you a call and let you know if we find any bears.  If nothing else, I want a re-match with a certain fox...

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

RatherBHuntin

Daryl, Good luck on that Fox, you owe him.  

Daniel, no worries about me wiping out any game populations, I don't see me getting out west again anytime soon.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

knuckledragger

I have 3 dogs: Angus, Duncan and Cowen.  We stick with Irish or Scottish names of 2 syllables, each one distinct from the other (they are also the names we had chosen for any male children, but I got all girls).  Cowen is a Beagle we got a few weeks ago (the others are 13 and 12 y/o). With each name my daughters came up with I told them to picture themselves yelling it across the neighborhood or woods; that cleared up a lot of the foolishness.  I do like the advice for 1 syllable ending in "K".   KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

lynnwood308

My current dog, a golden retriever, is named Corbett, for James Edward Corbett.  I convinced my parents to name their new golden Rigby, for John Rigby.  My brother's black lab is named Pondo, an abreviated version of Pondoro or John "Pondoro" Taylor.  I had another friend that named his female Springer Norma.  You get the idea.  There are plenty of good gun and hunter names out there.  Parker is a good one, ****, even Purdy of Purdy shotguns, Winchester, Bell (William "Karamojo" Bell), Holland, Westley (Westley Richards shotguns), Griffin (Griffin and Howe), how about Dakota?

rockinbbar

Dakota works for me...;)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

kombi1976

Quote from: lynnwood308;85528My current dog, a golden retriever, is named Corbett, for James Edward Corbett.  I convinced my parents to name their new golden Rigby, for John Rigby.  My brother's black lab is named Pondo, an abreviated version of Pondoro or John "Pondoro" Taylor.  I had another friend that named his female Springer Norma.  You get the idea.  There are plenty of good gun and hunter names out there.  Parker is a good one, ****, even Purdy of Purdy shotguns, Winchester, Bell (William "Karamojo" Bell), Holland, Westley (Westley Richards shotguns), Griffin (Griffin and Howe), how about Dakota?
Dog names?! :huh:
My 2nd son is called Rigby (as in John Rigby & Sons)! :D
Our youngest is even called Remy.....although that wasn't meant to be short for Remington.
You guys need to be more ambitious - dogs indeed! :rolleyes:
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Paul Hoskins

I never thought much about dog names but always liked a name that was easy to holler real loud like "Bo" or "Buck." As a youngster down in the mountains I had a half breed grey fox/dog mix named Trixie. It was very difficcult to yell loudly. Nice little dog but ran with foxes at night. Wild and timid.  ........Paul H

gitano

Gee Paul, I thought dog was staple of a hillbilly's diet. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

It was Paul, along with several guns. We would have starved for meat if it wasn't for those two things. Most everyone had several dogs and guns. Most dogs we ever had at one time was about eighteen counting pups. ......Paul H

Tags: