When your Cell Phone rings

Started by hunttones, July 27, 2005, 06:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunttones

If your cell phone ringtone could sound like any game animal/bird, what would it be?

Daryl (deceased)

A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Gmoney

You have just given me an idea....My cover is already camo but if it made a deer grunt....nice but many strange looks to follow....who cares...:)
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

hunttones

Quote from: GmoneyYou have just given me an idea....My cover is already camo but if it made a deer grunt....nice but many strange looks to follow....who cares...:)
I have already created the Tending Grunt ringtone.  Just don't put your cell phone in your back pocket!

Marlin917VS

Quote from: hunttonesJust don't put your cell phone in your back pocket!

Good point!!  I think I would also go with an elk bugle.  Maybe a wolf howing or a lion roar.
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

myEspringr

Rooster gettin' up  with the wings and little laughing cackle.
Time can fly all it wants,
@ Sunrise it stands still long enough for me

Kit

Pheasant that calls to my hens from out here.  Second, coyote howls at 5 am when it's the only sound at all.

I heard a moose can make a sound that would turn any head but I have not heard them!  You guys know...

You are tempting me to actually "do" ringtones.  I never add anything to my phone...

What I'd like to do is have the Moose to *answer* the stupid fax & telemarketer calls... although my pheasant friend does make a horrid sound, too, for such a beautiful bird!

Does anyone set different rings for different callers?  Someone can be a hen laying an egg, I think... hmmm.....

cute thread...

hunttones

We have been running polls in several different places trying to get a feel for what our fellow hunters want?  Here is a list of the 12 current available tones:

Elk Bugle, Cow Elk with Bugle, Bob White Quail, Phesant (not the fly off, i'm going to have to bust some birds and chase them with a microphone because I like that as well:D ), White Wing Dove, Wild Hog, Goose, Mallard, Turkey Gobble, Hen cutting with Gobble, Cougar, and Whitetail Buck Fight.

Suggestions for an additional 12 have been:

Coyote, Barred Owl, Crow, Rattle Snake, Hen Yelp, Snort/Wheeze with Doe Esterus Bleet, Whitetail Buck Tending Grunt, Whippoorwill, Sandhill Crane, Black Bear, Grizzly, Pheasant Takeoff Cackle, Wolf, Moose, Loon, various Hunting Dog Barks ( we may add a hunting dog section later), and Mourning Dove.

And yes you can set most phones to ring with different ringtones for different callers.

This site will not offer any rap or any other non-hunting ringtones.  This ones for us...

Kit

Quote from: hunttonesWe have been running polls in several different places trying to get a feel for what our fellow hunters want...

This site will not offer any rap or any other non-hunting ringtones.  This ones for us...
What site would that be?

:cool:

Vermonster

I know I'll take some ribbing for this one, but the thing that always makes me think of the woods, sitting in a treestand, is a.....

...........  Chickadee......

Very peaceful, fun.  Always love hearing them move through the woods.....

hunttones

Quote from: KitWhat site would that be?

:cool:
Kit - Our site is www.hunttones.com

Kit

Quote from: hunttonesKit - Our site is www.hunttones.com

thanks!

Now... when you make that Rattler recording, do make it a video, OK?  I'm curious to see how they respond to a microphone.

I was trying to kill a second one and  make earrings from what I have, but then I realized I did not want my dogs to get thinking *that sound* was normal and friendly!

(Neither did I want it in my ear all day long.. !!!)
 :D

hunttones

I live by that old Mac Davis song (aged myself here).  I don't like spiders and snakes.  This one is already recorded and came from a captive snake in a wire cage.  Gotta have that barrier (I still jumped when he struck at the cage):eek: .  Spiders not so bad, after my first few years bowhunting, I got used to them crawling down my face right when the deer were under my stand and I couldn't move...

rockinbbar

I was thinking I might use a Texas mocking bird as it sounded like a cell phone ringing...:D
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Hitekhunter

When my cellphone rings it sounds like a coyote call.  Actually it's the friendly "who's out there call".  Needless to say this has gotten quite a few strange looks and comments.....:eek:
HitekHunter

Tags: