There Will Come A Time!

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), January 20, 2008, 04:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

I remember when I was this age and dreamt of becoming a hunter.  I made my own slingshots (like the one in the picture) and studied the old Sears & Ward catalogs over and over again.  We never had hunting magazines in any of the houses I lived in and my dad wasn't a hunter of anything.

It was hard to get started but I finally did get some traction with the fella next door who hunted with a Garand.

Shotgunhemi

Ive got that picture on my wall :) I had one of winchesters calenders and i cut it up and displayed the artwork around my room :biggthumpup:
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

Jay Edward (deceased)

That's really cool Chris.

You know... years ago there was a Remington calendar put out that had absolutely wonderful pictures.  I liked it so much that I cut if up, routed some boards and decoupaged them on.  I hung them in my shop for atmosphere but fellas liked them so much I ended up having to make up many more.  I started charging for it but that didn't slow things down much.  Eventually I refused to do any more... I just wasn't getting my firearms work done.  Go figure.

You might give it a try with any others you come across.  The 'Golden Age Posters' spring to mind.

I like what you did... makes me think a fella understands the spirit of hunting and not just the need.

Antler3

It is so neat to read this post. I have just cut a calendar up myself and hung the pictures in the grandkids room ! Baby wolves...... I like the decoupaged idea. I have one my husband done when he was small.
ANTLER 3

Tags: