klallen

Started by gitano, October 07, 2011, 07:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

On another side note...

You've got my curiosity piqued about "Elmer Kieth", RJ. You'll need to 'elaborate' on that for me some time.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Quote from: gitano;116325On another side note...

You've got my curiosity piqued about "Elmer Kieth", RJ. You'll need to 'elaborate' on that for me some time.

Paul

It's a long story and while I could talk about it at "the campfire" I'm afraid it might stir up an ugly controversy because there are those (maybe not so much here) who liken Elmer to a God.

OK, 'nuf about that.

I only went to twelve different schools through high school, but in second grade I went to two,  third grade I went to three, fourth grade three and fifth grade two. :stars: At recess I'd leave my glasses in my desk.

David has again said some mighty wise things. After Korey's and my chat, that's what I'm inclined to believe as well. I'd also agree that there has "been some jabbing going on" and not just from Korey. I think "we" are more civilized than that. On another website I frequent (Randy or M1Garand is also a member there) there is an almost daily breaking of the rules by someone and it gets really old.

He really looks up to his brother and wants Kirby to join THL to provide "backup" to his stories" but, "he (Kirby) doesn't have the time" what with his gunsmithing business and all.

Yes he is a bit of a "showoff" but we talked about that too. I told him to "tone it down a bit" and he agreed to do so, we'll just have to see how that goes. Paul, as far as "hating to give him the boot" and "being the jerk" I know exactly how you feel.

While it's original intent was about hunting stories, IMO those "stories" about projects are an integral part of hunting and shooting. While I may not comment on them all I read all of them with much interest.

Someone needs to get the keys to the truck so we can get it started and in the shop for some much needed "engine work".

Allen
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Well, "banning" seems to be a moot point anyway, since apparently nobody that is party to this conversation is capable of such action.

Quotewants Kirby to join THL to provide "backup" to his stories"
That would be a SERIOUS problem I fear. Think about it. "I tried to bring some of my relatives to defend me in this fight". That's a "bad" perspective" from several points of view. First and foremost, it screams that he is "itchin' for a fight" and is only restrained as much as he currently is because he doesn't have anybody else in his "gang".  The PURPOSE of inviting his brother wouldn't be to enhance THL it would be to "defend" Korey. His interest isn't THL, it's getting some friends to "defend" him. That sounds REAL healthy. Not.

You give a fool enough rope and he'll hang himself. He's clearly had all the rope he needs. Since banning is 'out', I suppose there is nothing that can be done but sit by and watch.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Quote from: gitano;116330That would be a SERIOUS problem I fear. Think about it. "I tried to bring some of my relatives to defend me in this fight". That's a "bad" perspective" from several points of view. First and foremost, it screams that he is "itchin' for a fight" and is only restrained as much as he currently is because he doesn't have anybody else in his "gang".  The PURPOSE of inviting his brother wouldn't be to enhance THL it would be to "defend" Korey. His interest isn't THL, it's getting some friends to "defend" him. That sounds REAL healthy. Not.

You give a fool enough rope and he'll hang himself. He's clearly had all the rope he needs. Since banning is 'out', I suppose there is nothing that can be done but sit by and watch.

Paul

Yeah, about as healthy as a Big Mac and fries is to a guy who just had a heart attack.

But if we "can't admit new members" just now . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . that problem might be solved at least for the moment.

Like David said, if we (not just me) remind him  that he is skating on thin ice and that he needs to mind his "P's and Q's" hopefully we will head off that problem before it becomes necessary to deal with it.

Allen
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

davidlt89

Quoteand not enough HUNTING stories.
AMEN!!!!!!!!! BUT, just like we can't have only "tinkering" we can't just have hunting. THL needs a balance of both. When I first came to this site, I did so because of hunting, and to hear of others hunt. I "evolved" into more since being on this site. I once thought handloading was a waste of time, I am now rather enjoying myself. I would of never thought I could "redo" a gun, but low and behold, I have done several. lots of people that join hunting forums, in my opinion, do so because they hunt. I for one like to see pictures of dead animals! I post as much as I possibly can on hunting, I am doing all I can do there! All the forums need to become more active, rarely any posts on archery or fishing, etc.... If we want a large and diverse crowd, then we need to supply the subjects. I try to post as much "beginning" stuff as I can because sometimes some of the stuff our older members are doing are "out of reach" by the average guy who may have a hard time following along. of course, that is no fault of anyone's.
SO, first and foremost, someone needs to get control of this website, plane and simple. With power to let new members in, etc.... I thought you had that power Paul? but I could be mistaken. as far as Korey goes, I have read and contemplated your points Paul. In my opinion, I don't think it warrants a ban "yet", I also realize that is not an option at this juncture anyway.  God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Daryl (deceased)

Quote from: davidlt89;116298I was hoping Daryl would chime in and give some input, he truly has a "knack" for handling such things and I have a High respect for how he does. I will chime in later with my "opinions" on the post, just wanted you guys to know I am not ignoring this in any way, shape, or form, I am just at work right now. God Bless.

I've been in Tucson for the last week.  I'm still catching up on things, and still trying to figure out what happened.

Guess I'll go check your "no dice" thread and see if I can figure it out.

:)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Tags: