first day at squirrel camp

Started by buckshot roberts, August 29, 2013, 03:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

:army:I went down to my camp site wedsday and spent the nigh, I had found a spot where some squirrels had been cut'n on some hickory nut's and picked me a good area to hunt the next day, I sent the night read The Adventures and Memoirs of Sherlock Homes, I got up a 6AM and made me some perked coffee and fry'd up some beef bologna. I drove out and set up and took my first squirrel at 7AM. I was taken one an hour, the heat and fly's was just bad I didn't want to leave them in my vest, I'd take one back to the truck and put'm on ice,each time I went back I found another squirrel in the same tree, the last trip back I found a fox squirrel he saw me taking bead on him out run me lol.......I went back to camp and cleaned the squirrels and put away my gear and headed for home..........Ron

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

RatherBHuntin

I bet you regretted not getting the drop on that fox squirrel, better luck next time.  Was he barking at you?   You've got me inspired, I think the boy and I will head out to the WMA when squirrel season opens up and do some camping/scouting/hunting.

btw, I read that same book a few months ago, had never gotten around to reading any of them and thought it was time to see what I was missing.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

JaDub

Nice shoot`n there Ron.    The stew pot is full.  :jumpingsmiley:

JaDub

gitano

Nice picture, Buckshot!

I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again: I'd PAY for good squirrel huntin' and good bluegill fishin'.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

The  omly bad thing was it got a little hot in the tent that night,that old fox squirrel never even barked, he just went flat on the tree and when i moved to take a shot he was off, yea RBH'n get them boys out for some camping an such, I'm going to be do'n a lot more of this........
OBTW..that book is a good read...........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: