My Lion...mount is ready

Started by grayghost, May 10, 2008, 01:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayghost

Last May I traveled to the Kalahari to hunt African Lion. Mount is ready to ship.
Good work by Lifeform Taxidermy White River, Mpumalanga, RSA.
In the end....the Hunter hunts himself

davidlt89

Beautiful!!! thanks for sharing. I am curious as to how much it cost to do that, although I know it is none of my business. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Daryl (deceased)

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Thanks for sharing it.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

grayghost

Thanks fella's. Cost....in Africa you can get it done for under $4,000 by one of the best studio's. However, Caveat Emptor! Many will not deliver a quality mount; a few can and will. In the US, expect to pay $5,500-$7,500 for some of the better studio's. Good thing about using a US Taxidermist: you can physically examine their work ahead of time; watch it's progress and request changes in person. This is generally the best route for anyone who lacks a Taxidermy background. I spent 17 years as a professional Taxidermist. That does help a lot when choosing someone else to do my work. I generally use guys from the States.
Good hunting,
grayghost
In the end....the Hunter hunts himself

Vermonster

Great looking mount.... Congrats!!!!!   :biggthumpup:

Hunterbug

Great looking mount. You must have a pretty big place to put it.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

kombi1976

It really does look impressive.
Out of interest, what's the situation with lion tags in Africa?
I would like to hunt Cape buffalo and plains game but I've never really wanted to hunt the big cats myself or other Big 5 animals.
However I'm interested to know the process by which they allow lions to be hunted.
Are they identified for hunting like a lot of pest elephant apparently are?
Were you hunting in Tanzania or elsewhere?
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

baadman28

Very good!!! Support !wow goldwow gold             wow gold         wow goldwow gold

Tags: