35 remingtion

Started by BullzEye17HMR, January 21, 2006, 07:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BullzEye17HMR

i have a lever action 35 rem that was my first gun.  i killed my first deer with it and then i got a rem 700 in 308 that is my deer gun now.  the 35 has been in the gun cabnit for several years.  i was thinking bout getin it out and usin it for yotes and hogs.  i use 150gr bullets.  does anybody think the 35 is a good caliber for hogs and yotes?

knuckledragger

I think the .35 Rem will be a dandy for hogs. As for coyotes, it'll damage the hide and the range might be a bit limited, but you'll kill 'em dead ffor sure.  KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

Gmoney

Yup....beating the dead horse again....any centerfire will kill coyotes, especially a .35.........
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

M1Garand

May be a little large for coyotes but will do the job though your range may be a bit limited unless you really know your ballistics.  It'd be a fine hog round.

buckshot roberts

;) I had a marlin in 35,rem, got a good 54 chevy, for it, anyway, to me it's to big, for coyotes,now if you just wont to put a big ol hole in them, just look out for whats behind, because I have shot holes, in railroad cars with the .35 rem.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: