Joe Bloggs

Started by RatherBHuntin, October 13, 2014, 04:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RatherBHuntin

Is it me or is Joe Bloggs making a habit of goading Kombi everytime he posts? It was annoying and is becoming reminiscient of a former member we had from Montana. If so it would be best to nip this in the bud with a reminder that this is a friendly forum.  Everyone should feel free to be able to post their opinion without snide replies.  Discussion should be the focus, argumentative replies distract from the theme of this community.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Only when 'expert' opinion is offered.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Thank you for starting this in the Moderating subsite, Glenn. It is obvious by his reply here that j0e_bl0ggs has seen your post.

No, it's not "just you". I know from personal conversations that j0e_bl0ggs does not care for kombi1976's personality as kombi1976 portrays it here at THL. It is my expectation that j0e_bl0ggs has understood you clearly, and I agree that all of us, including j0e_bl0ggs, like the congenial atmosphere at THL and would not want it to degrade to being just like all the other sites on the internet.

I am also sure j0e_bl0ggs will read this post shortly after I hit the "enter" key, but I will speak with him personally regarding this matter. That conversation will be in the context of what is best for THL and its members, not, j0e_bl0ggs' opinion or attitude with respect to kombi1976 or anyone else here at THL. I think your point is well-taken that our personal differences are just that, personal, and that THL is not the place to air those.

That said, how to deal with "baloney" spewed at THL, is not easy when trying on one hand to dispel myths and get the TRUTH out, and, at the same time, maintain THL's congenial atmosphere. I have some 'raw nerves' myself when it comes to spewed "baloney" about 1) the "danger" of "excessive" headspace, and 2) the "danger" of damascus shotgun barrels. I try to apply the "Golden Rule" here at THL. And even though I consciously try, I don't always succeed.

Thanks for taking the mature path with regard to your concerns for THL. I appreciate it. If I may offer one suggestion: I know j0e_bl0ggs pretty well for someone located many thousands of miles away, and I am confident that he would have responded maturely to a PM directly from you. As I said, I will speak with him directly, but you might be interested in his perspective and why he does, in fact, have an "attitude" with respect to kombi1976. Unless I am sorely mistaken, suggestions from you regarding how best to deal with kombi1976's persona on THL will be sincerely considered.

Thanks again,
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

RatherBHuntin

Paul,
You brought up a good question, and one which I am sure has been asked for eons, "How to deal with boloney".  If someone isn't going to take advice, why give it? But on the other hand, you can't let baloney stand on it's own.  

Joe_Bloggs,
I put it here instead of a PM, because like I said, I wasn't sure if it (still am not) was just me and wanted others to chime in with their thoughts.  However if I had that impression, I am fairly certain I wasn't the only one.  I absolutely understand that some folks just dont get along.

I will put my nose back into my own business now.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

gitano

Glenn,

The welfare of THL IS your business, both as a member and especially as a Moderator. I assure you that I appreciate your actions, and certainly don't consider your comments as being "nosy" or intrusive. Please keep being exactly as you are. THL is a better place as a result of this thread.

Thank you,
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

Ihave found the same thing as Glenn. Although I haven't seen any "blues" here between Joe and Andy so I just put it down to "different people being different" and left it at that.
 I'm not sure about your reply Joe. I haven't seen Andy ever proclaim to be an expert here in THL. In fact he always comes forward and asks for advice and takes it on board. Andy is a really nice, generous bloke.
 Has something happened behind the scenes?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

You and I read differently hornet, lets leave it at that OK?
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

I will state that in general I have little tolerance for BS especially the myths promulgated by the inexperienced firearms user - there is far to much of this on t'interweb already and it is not needed here at THL.

You may notice the high standard of information that is on this board, why allow it to get polluted?

A review on a firearms platform based upon what 'mates say' is a prime candidate for calling BS.

I will say that the K issue has been solved as far as I am concerned, I have taken on-board 'don't engage'.

Alain
Turvey Stalking

Tags: