rowning
6 (12.2%)
emington
23 (46.9%)
ako
12 (24.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

LvrLover

I assume you mean a bolt rifle. Ask a USMC sniper. Model 700 .
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

grayghost

Personally, I feel they all make good rifles. Sako once produced a very high quality rifle, but times change and the last one I looked at did not have the high grade workmanship of their 1960s models IMHO. So, I would say the Ruger M-77 for out of the box accuracy. But I own Rem and Win too, and they are good rifles. grayghost
In the end....the Hunter hunts himself

Brithunter

Hi greyghost,

Yes Sako did make much finer rifles and a noticable drop in quality occured which strangely enough seems to have happened with the Beretta take over :rolleyes:  Now Berretta shotguns do not seem to ave suffered this drop in quality and finish. I wonder if the likes of Sako and Tikka are subsidising the Berretta production costs? :confused:

Hmmm never been much of a fan of Berrettas myself. This stms from the early days on my Clay shooting, British Sporting Clays naturally ;) , when ever there was a hold up due to gun problems you could bet your bottom doller it was a Berretta, would.nt fire, eject or open yet because of the flash and fancy advertising campaign similar to how they marketed BMW's they were fasionable so good :rolleyes: :o . Oh after working driving a recovery truck around the notorious M25 in Southern England my opinions of BMW's plumetted as well now I would not have one as a gift :frown .

Slick advertising makes a right dog look good :rolleyes: .
Go Get them Floyd!

grayghost

I've owned Beretta semi-auto's for many years and they have been flawless. Never owned one of their O/U but I missed a deal on a 1959 model the other day by minutes. I did have a problem with their new Extrema. I failed to clean the action and due to some sort of lube, the action seized up last winter. One shot and it froze up. I wasn't too happy but I should have cleaned it thoroughly before taking it afield. I had to use it single shot and we had Snow/Blue Geese all over us that morning. I've seen a number of brands slip in quality and that may turn into a trend. Let's hope not. :) grayghost
In the end....the Hunter hunts himself

Alboy

well this is a pretty old thread but I JUST MENTALLY INVENTORIED MY GAN SAFE  and remingtons prevail 721, 700, rolling block to name a few
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Daryl (deceased)

Quote from: Alboy;100871well this is a pretty old thread but I JUST MENTALLY INVENTORIED MY GAN SAFE and remingtons prevail 721, 700, rolling block to name a few

I haven't owned a Remington rifle in nearly 20 years.  Nothing agaist 'em, really, but others better suited my "fancy".

;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Tags: