It's about time to break out the sir rifles methinks

Started by Brithunter, November 10, 2013, 02:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

Well a couple of tins of pellets will be required but I have decided it's time to get outside and perhaps indoors at the range to break out the sir rifles. Especially as I have retrieved my Feinwerkbau Sport Model 127 and the BSA Meteor Standard from storage.

It should help get the muscle memory back and make sure that my arms etc are used to the weight once more.

All of the Air rifles are spingers and old school now in fact i bought the Feinwerkbau new back in 1979 and BSA Meteor was later but a replacement for one that was bought back in 1977 and foolishly sold to a friend in about 1983, the one I have now I got in about  1992, then I have added a Haenel Model 303 in 5.6mm which is about the same vintage so this one was made under Communist control of East Germany (DDR) as Suhl fell on the wrong side of the wall. I guess from it's features that it's a late 1970's or a 1980's made one.

Of course 5.6mm is the old British No2 bore or .22" whilst the Feinwerbau has a "modern" German 5.5mm marking so I'll need two different types for these and of course some .177" for the Meteor. Had a quick browse on prices and oh boy have prices of lead pellets rocketed :stars:.

Will try to get some photos up of them and how I get one.
Go Get them Floyd!

drinksgin (deceased)

Have a nice time, I do a bit but due to shoulder problems I mostly use a co2 rifle and pistol.
I have .177, 5mm, .22 and .25 really like the 5mm Sheridan best and can still manage to get it up to the full 6 pumps, which gives 590fps.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Brithunter

There is a worn out Crossman 766 here, needs a over haul with new valve as I wore it out many moons ago. Tat's a .177 and full power is 18 pumps. I bought it mail order in about 1977.
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

It's not "air rifle time" here. It dropped to -11 F (-24 C) this morning.

I haven't gotten around to "refurbishing" the old Crossman of mine. Maybe these cold days are a good time to work on that.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

-11........... geeezuz Paul ! I think I`d be heading toward a nice big mug of hot coffe with a liberal shot or two of Brendan`s and heading to a nice warm cozy man-cave. Oh yeah, don`t forget to put a couple of logs on the fire.

Here it`s supposed to reach 60 today but drop into the 20s by Thursday. Only redeeming thing about the temperature drop is that the Canadian honkers will finally be heading this way for the winter. I picked up a 12 ga 3.5" Browning Gold Hunter a couple of months ago and am dying to try it out.

Cheers, JaDub

gitano

Quotethe Canadian honkers will finally be heading this way for the winter. I picked up a 12 ga 3.5" Browning Gold Hunter a couple of months ago and am dying to try it out.

Sic 'em!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: