Another deer hunt this Saturday

Started by kombi1976, July 06, 2011, 07:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kombi1976

Well, lads it's scheduled again so my mate and I are heading out first thing Saturday to chase fallow.
Normally I wouldn't bother posting before the event but I like you guys so inclined to pray for us.
The weather has been shocking, howling wind and raining on and off....some of it just light but others down right hammering.
The wind is supposed to drop right down, not to zero but much milder, on Saturday morning but our previous experience with weather forecasts was not favourable.
So I'd ask you to pray this things:
  • That the wind dies right down and does not blow us and our scent all over the hillsides and that the rain abates completely for our time out there.
  • That no one like a roo shooter or a hare brained farm hand has been out there harassing them.
  • And, if it be the will of God, that we manage to take 1 or 3 at least for meat if not for the rack.
All of these things rate in the "act of God" territory because anyone with half a brain would probably tell us to go and whittle sticks by the fire rather than attempt a hunt with the current conditions.
But nothing ventured nothing gained, right?
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Alboy

But nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

Right
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

kombi1976

Yup.
I went out to the range today to test the 8mm for tomorrow.
During a lull in the wind with a cold bbl @100m it shot 2" high and 1/2" to the left.
I was pleased.
Then the wind picked up again and @210yds it shot 1" low and 5" to the right.
And yes, the wind was from the left.
So pray for us, that the wind drops and that, God willing, I manage to take a deer. :undecided:
Now I'm off to bed.
Report when I get back tomorrow. ;)
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Tags: