Good times!

Started by Hunterbug, November 19, 2012, 04:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

While elk hunting my wifes uncle brought me a 54 caliber muzzle loader on "permanent loan". I shot it at RJs and had a blast. Today the girls and I went to the range to sight in my new 10/22 and we took the muzzle loader to shoot.

Here's a video of Payton shooting it with 60gr of powder and a 230gr roundball. If you think that she was scared after this you don't know Payton very well. Not only did she want to shoot it again she wanted more powder.

Here's Hunter shooting it with 100gr and the round ball.

Here's a 3 shot group with 70gr of 777 and the roundballs at 25 yards.

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Alboy

She will be lining up on a deer next thing you know.

I found 90 gr of 2F about the best load in mine out to about 75-100 yards.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

WAY cool!

PRESERVE those videos!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Quote from: gitanoPRESERVE those videos!

Paul

I was thinking that myself. I need to make the girls DVDs with these and other pics so that in 50 years they can show their families.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

JaDub

More Powder..............  More Powder.............   More Powder !!! :MOGRIN:

YES INDEED !

gitano

QuoteI need to make the girls DVDs

I am QUITE certain that
1) DVDs won't be readable in 50 years,
2) the "computers" available then wouldn't be able to read them even if they remained "intact".

You need physical copies of pictures you want to last more than maybe a decade. Magnetic ("memory" cards), and light-etched media (DVDs) do not last. In fact, there are industry specs on what their useful shelf-life is, and that has nothing to do with compatibility with advancing technologies.

It's expensive relative to "digital", but physical pictures are the ONLY way to genuinely preserve images for multiple generations. As for "video", celluloid film is the only way to go. That said, you can have your images, including video, periodically 'rejuvenated' professionally on whatever the latest medium is. For example: "old" VHS tapes to "new" DVDs, etc. But that ain't free either.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: