Thanksgiving And Hunting

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), November 08, 2006, 09:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

Once or twice during my life I brought back game on Thanksgiving Day.  A really nice Elk one time and a couple of deer other times.  

Something special about being successful on Thanksgiving Day... although, as you can imagine, our turkey dinner was wee late when I dropped the Elk.

I like memories like that... I sure hope some young hunters get that kind of memory this year.

Jay Edward (deceased)

Of course, it being Thanksgiving Day... perhaps it ought to be wingshooting.

Marlin917VS

I wish I could have gone out on thanksgiving, but I was busy most of the day.  I need to take advantage of hunting every chance I get now because later on in life after I'm out of school and working, who knows how much time I'll have to hunt.  I'm leaving for deer camp tomorrow because monday is the first day here.  My dad can take off monday but he has a meeting on tuesday, so I can only stay up there for one day of hunting, but then again thats better than none!

Andy
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

Daryl (deceased)

Good luck on the deer hunt, Andy!

Let us know how you do, ok?

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Marlin917VS

I saw 3 doe in the morning, but I don't have a doe tag for that area.  I took a walk in the afternoon to try and get to know the area better (not because I was tired and couldn't stay awake if I sat down), and I didnt see anything then.  I'm still recovering from the weekend so I didn't go out today.  I usually sleep pretty well at camp, but the one guy in our camp snores so loud, you wouldn't believe it.  Last year he slept in his van outside because there wasn't enough beds, and we could still hear the snoring from in the camp.  This year he was on an air mattress inside about 10 feet from me so I didn't sleep too well.  It's ok though, I have so much fun during the times up there every year.  Theres many more deer down here, but I'd miss going up there and having the whole "camp experience" way too much.  It's worth not seeing as many deer just to hang around with all the guys up there.  But anyway, I'm gonna be going out most days after school and the next 2 saturdays, so hopefully I'll find a big buck, but if not I'm sure I'll have fun trying.  I'll keep you posted.

Andy
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

Daryl (deceased)

A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Tags: