They're showing off

Started by Paul Hoskins, March 25, 2011, 06:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Been watching an old gobbler on the farm behind the house. He's been playing it cool with the ladies but today things changed drastically. For an hour or so, he was almost constantly in strut mode. Three other lesser gobblers joined him & things got pretty active. The three larger gobblers ganged up on what appeared to be a jake & sent him on his way in short order. Then their attention turned to each other. Strutting boy had the upper hand with both the interlopers but for some reason they called a truce & walked away together. Maybe they come to a deduction five girls wasn't worth beating each other up. The big resident bird spotted me from about 50 yards & stared at me a few minutes & when I didn't move, he turned around & mooned me. It could be he was looking at me with that third eye turkeys have. If he sticks around long enough, I want to give him something else to moon. The pictures aren't very good. The brush in front of me interfered with the autofocus. I sneaked within 50 yards of the resident because he had his attention on the girls......Paul H

buckshot roberts

Paul good pics........nothing like watching a turkey strut season will be here soon................still looking for a place to hunt...........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

Nice pics Paul. When does your season open?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Paul, season starts April 16th here. Never been lucky enough to kill a turkey myself. Need to get that done. I'm getting old.   ......Paul H  ...ps....Had your eyes checked lately? The pictures are lousy.  ..ph

davidlt89

Paul, great pictures! and my eyes are fine! you need to setting the table with one those big boys. I really turkey hunting, it is fun! Hope to see a dead one soon! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Paul Hoskins

David, the pictures look lousy to me & I just got new glasses Tuesday last  week. Can't see very good with them either. 200 dollars for nothing in my book. Don't really know how to operate these newfangled cameras either. My girlfriend gave me a simpler, small digital camera last week. I don't know much about it either but it's compact. .....Paul H

gitano

Well, photographically speaking, they could be improved, but they're still "great" pictures because of you getting the tom strutting so many times and ways.

Too often people give me "credit" for my scenery pictures when the truth of the matter is, it's the SCENERY that's "great".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: