Snakes

Started by bowhunter 51, April 04, 2007, 07:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

I think wgat we call a COPPERHEAD or a SPREADIN-OUTER, can spread a hood similar to  cobra but only slightly venomous.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Paul Hoskins

It appears to be a copperhead. Difficult to tell with the pebbles near the head. Another guess is a hog nosed snake. Hog nosed snakes will usually flatten out and play dead if disturbed. They can also smell dead.   ..........Paul H

Alboy

Paul H will a hog nose get that long? I have never seen one over a foot.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Alboy

Leioheterodon are the largest of the hognose snakes, capable of reaching lengths of 1.8 m

Guess they will get that big.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

If you guessed "Copperhead", you get an A+.............................BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Paul Hoskins

I suppose no one would believe me if I said I found this in my garden.........Paul H

Daryl (deceased)

Paul,

I've seen that picture before somewhere.  Can't remember where.

Looks like a big dadgum snake, for sure!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

bowhunter 51

Ewwwweeeeee!........That's a big'gun, Mr. Paul Hoskins.....Must be sump'n
in the fertilizer....bet Jim Baker the garden pro, has got a remedie for that
little problem........................................................................................BH51.....

bowhunter 51

Quote from: bowhunter [FONT=Georgia.bet Jim Baker the garden pro[/FONT]

Ooo0ps!..........I meant, Jerry Baker.....Sorry Jer', ...you too, Jimbo'.....
You know what they say, "they mind goes first"..........................:smiley: ....BH51...

Nelsdou

This time of year in New Mexico snakes are on the move as the temperatures get cooler.  

I noticed last evening an absence of my brown striped lizard friends in the back yard, so on a walk-about I found why.  Had a five foot gopher snake who had  taken up residence in the corner of the yard and was rather plump.  After a bit of a tussle I managed to transfer him to an open area in the neighborhood.

Nels
Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

babbyc1000

sometimes living in northern ireland has its benefits - no snakes!!! :)
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

davidlt89

Quotesometimes living in northern ireland has its benefits - no snakes!!! :)
I would say that is a good thing Babby! the one thing I like about Maine is there are no poisonous creatures. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

babbyc1000

the only down side is that it doesnt prepare you for when you go somewhere that has poisionous snakes and spiders and things. my uncle still laughs at me about the time i visited him in australia. i dont see what his problem is, in my opinion a 6' 2",  15 stone guy sprinting up a road, waving his arms above his head and screaming like a girl would be a perfectly acceptable reaction to having a 12" spider jump onto the windscreen of the landcruiser youre sitting in....
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

Gunslingergirl

I'd say that's a reasonable reaction.  I'm not overly fond of big spiders and absolutely loathe snakes.  Don't even like to look at pictures of them.  Put one anywhere near me and I'm gone.
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

davidlt89

Quotewaving his arms above his head and screaming like a girl
I have seen this reaction from my Dad when he came across a snake once!!!! he went right to his ruger .22 and loaded two clips into it. I don't think it was 16" long. this happened when I was about 6, was not sure what to make out of it. lets just say I am not to fond of snakes now for some reason! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: