Reminded why I reload

Started by Hunterbug, September 14, 2016, 08:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

Yesterday I got a call from the DOW asking if Payton wanted to go on a youth antelope hunt. She was hoping for an elk hunt but her and I talked it over and she decided that this would be fine. She has been shooting my 257AI all summer and is pretty good with it. The problem is, with these hunts they stipulate factory ammo and no one makes factory 257 Ackley. Since you can shoot 257 Roberts in it I stopped by Cabela's on my way home to see about picking up a box to try it out. They had 2 options, Remington 117gr CL which looks like a RN for $37 and box and Hornady with a 117gr SST for $35 a box! I could load either for about $10 a box. So I grabbed a box of the Hornady and we'll go out this weekend and see how it shoots. If that's a no go she can use Hunter's '06 with some 150gr factory and see how she likes that. My other option is to keep the factory 257 box and fill it with reloads and see if it flies.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Sometimes the box is important, we have the 'factory only' in a few places...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Tags: