Winchester model 95 muskets

Started by buckshot roberts, February 17, 2006, 05:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

;) What be came of all those win-model 95 rifles in 7.62X54R, From 1915-1916 they sent 293.000 of them to Russa to be used in World War One, look like they would turn up some were, being they are inporting everthing, like to get my hands on one.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Jay Edward (deceased)

Probably used until they ended up as table legs, toothpicks, tire irons or tomato stakes.  The old Sharon Rifle Barrel Company had a railing made up of alternating gunstocks and octagon barrels.

Which reminds me... I was working a 2nd job in a high grade gun shop once and a fella brought in sever Model 94 barreled actions that were just barely recognizeable.  In this case a fellas widow had been using the things as tomato stakes.  Go figure.

drinksgin (deceased)

Several years ago, there were a number of 7.62x54R '95's on the surplus market at about $100, if I recall correctly.
There were some articles on trying to convert them to other calibers,but it was difficult without a bunch of bolt work.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

buckshot roberts

;) I had a 95 in 30 us, I got from Idaho, it was takein from my home 4 years ago, with some others, So some of them did turn up, HUH, I missed that, So  maybe some of those old S&W T/B handguns pop up, Did ya see  were some troops found a win-mode 76, or 86 in afghanistan, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: