Ram Rod Repair

Started by Alboy, October 10, 2004, 04:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

This rod belongs to my SxS 12 gauge (BEULAH)

While cleaning away from home I was using the rod I use for loading to also clean with. A patch rolled, bound up in the bore and the tip came off when we applied enough grunt to get the rod out. Retrieved the rod tip and offending patch by applying CO2 pressure via the nipple after I got home to the handy dandy CO2 applicator I had bought but never carried with me.

The tip slipped back on and works in compression just fine. I may have to use it for cleaning again some day so decided to give it a little help. I also have made the CO2 pusher a part of my in the truck gear.

After slipping the tip back on I selected a small brass screw and drill bit to cover shank but not threads. Drilled the tip. Counter sunk the tip just a touch. put in the screw, fortunately the head twisted off flush and I just had to sand down the other side where the screw came through about 1/16 of an inch.

Should hold.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

A CO2 discharger is high on my list of things I need to get.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

I got mine at one of these three. Cabela's, Dixie Gun Works or Cheaper Than Dirt. Seems it was in the $10-20 range. Paid for itself when I lost that tip.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Tags: