Threma Cell

Started by Mauserfan in TX, August 27, 2007, 03:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauserfan in TX

It is about that time of year again. I noticed that the outdoor store is putting the THERMA CELL  out ti sell again. I thought about getting one last year, but did'nt. Anyone else try one? if so how did it work, and did you like it?
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

davidlt89

what is a THERMA CELL, never heard of it.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

knuckledragger

MF-  I like them.  I got one for turkey hunting and they work great on most flying bugs.  Greenheads aren't really deterred and crawlers like chiggers & ticks aren't phased.  I detect an odor sometimes and find it hard to believe it is as odorless as advertised.  I guess if you play the wind well with the rest of your odors during deer season,  it'd be worth it.

D89-  They are basically a butane cartridge that heats up an pad impregnated with bug dope.  Its supposedly odorless, but I am not convinced.   They work well and last quite a  while.  KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

Mauserfan in TX

Sorry it took a while to reply , and my thanx to knuckledragger for the reply. I did'nt think the unit would be totally oderless. I was thinking of getting a couple of them to put in permenant  deer blinds.
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

3DSkeeter

They are great.  Box stands are mosquito magnets.  When you fire up the Therma Cell, they leave in a hurry.  I have a hunt booked in Mississippi on October 1st.  The outfitter told me that my bow and Therma Cell would be the most important items to bring.

Smokepole

I use one in the duck/goose blinds while hunting in the marshes and swampy areas.  After about a 10 minute warm-up period I don't have problems with mosquitos. But..... step out of the blind and you become a blood bank.:biggthumpup:

Tags: