Finalized Amendment To Forum Policy

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), November 06, 2005, 08:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

Ladies and gentlemen... Staff, having reviewed what Administration originally put forth and giving it carefull consideration, has decided that from this point forward the following will be official THL Policy:

Staff and Administration acting on behalf of Staff are the only entities that may speak about banning to other members of the forum. Administrators are only answerable to Staff for actions taken and Moderators are answerable only to Administration and Staff for the actions they take.

Administrators will not interfere with the day to day Moderation of the various forums except as deemed necessary.

Moderators will take the action necessary to stabilize the situation if they stumble upon a problem in a forum other than their own ONLY if the situation is grossly out of bounds and the forum's Moderator is offline. OTHERWISE, if the situation isn't dire, the visiting Moderator is to send a message to the forum's Moderator AND to at least one Administrator, and let them handle it.  The visiting Moderator should leave a message to the specific Moderator of that forum (with out any advice given) to be dealt with when the forum Moderator comes online.

The Administrators and Staff do not interfere with each other in the exercise of their duties and they support each other's decisions as a rule. Moderators will do the same and will not criticize the actions of other Moderators or 'correct' them.

Once a situation has been acted upon by Administration, Moderators will have done their job and will not be expected to participate in the situation UNLESS asked to do so by Administration. The whole point of being selected as a Moderator is that Administration and Staff believe the people asked are self correcting.

Please do not consider this a condemnation but rather a clarification intended to apprise us of the methods by which Staff wishes THL to function.  The manner in which we solve problems directly affects the general membership of the Forum and maintaining the atmosphere that Staff wishes THL to provide to the public is paramount.  Staff has selected ladies and gentlemen that they believe will make a greater than average effort to understand each other and the general membership.

Some folks may come here while still on the prod from a 'bad day' and we must be understanding when dealing with them... giving them the benefit of the doubt to start with.  The same is true amongst ourselves as we are just as human.

Certainly there are circumstances when you must act.  Please take the time to think the problem through and not just react.

rockinbbar

Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Sounds like a workable plan of action to me also!

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Jay Edward (deceased)

Please note the 'finalized' version that has been edited into the start of this thread.

Hunterbug

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Jay,

That sounds like a most workable plan to this ol' country boy!

John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

buckshot roberts

;) me being new to this it sounds like a good plan, ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Alboy

Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

recoil junky

Like 'Bug said "Rodger Wilco"

Allen.

Yes I do have a name :grin:
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Tags: