Help!

Started by avid_bowhunter2005, November 23, 2004, 04:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avid_bowhunter2005

can't post a pic from harddrive because of no url, what can I do?

Jay Edward (deceased)

Use the 'Browse' (button) and 'Upload' (button) to upload it from your hard drive.

Start by using the 'Manage Attachments' button and it will pull up a box for you to upload the attachment.  Wait for the upload to complete, close the box and submit the post.

Please keep the attachment under 65K by resizing on your computer... otherwise it may not load.  If you use .jpgs it will compress and load easier.

Give 'er another try.

Daryl (deceased)

Jay is right on, but you have to use the "go advanced" button at the bottom of the thread page first!

Just for clearification.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

gitano

Jay, is 65k the preferred size? I see that those over 97k are rejected, but was wondering if 65k was the 'preferred' size.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: gitanoJay, is 65k the preferred size? I see that those over 97k are rejected, but was wondering if 65k was the 'preferred' size.  Paul
[/size]

Yup, 97K is about the max but the bigger the file the slower it loads on the smaller computers.  What really makes a difference is how you scan the original picture.  If you scan it at high resolution and reduce the physical size (using compression) you can get a pretty clear picture that is well under even 65K.  Of course you have to equalize it and do a little bit of sharpening.

It can get pretty complex when you start trying to reduce the data without distorting the image.  I'm not going to try getting into the details as I do not know enough to explain it, although I understand how to manipulate it somewhat.  You would have to read somewhat about the manipulation of raster images.  I have to work with maps quite a bit and I've had to learn how to acquire them without changing them.  It's been hard and I'm still learning.

However, you asked about size here on THL.  Yes, 97K is maximum and I hope that members can get them up as clear as they would like.

Tags: