check it out

Started by davidlt89, February 25, 2009, 04:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

I got this email today and wanted to find out if this is what is really happening. Here is what some Americans are saying about the primeminister:
QuoteTalk about a GREAT leader !

QuoteThis is how it needs to be!!!!!

QuoteSubject: A True Leader
I used to delete these things on the basis that rationality would win out in the end, and it certainly will. But I saw a quote recently "The price of Freedom is constant alertness, constant willingness to fight back. There is no other price

Then I realized is that you cannot use rationality against a radical, seemingly possessed, and somewhat powerful enemy hung up on a flattening destruction of the West and perhaps more. There is too much irrationality there, so I send this forth.
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is the email:
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
The whole worldNeeds A Leader Like This!

Prime minister Kevin Rudd- Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately,
   Rudd
   angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Jorge in Oz

Amen to that Brother!!!!
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

country boy

Right on I wish our politicians here in the U.S. would stand up like this.  The Left in this country are destroying everything that we have worked for and stood for in the past 233 years.
Today there was a news story here about how american guns are arming drug cartel and insurgents in Mexico.  The call from our political left is once again to take away the firearms of american citizens.
There is a movement to change the pledge of allegiance because it refers to god.  Several Schools don't even allow children to say the pledge of allegiance because of that.
There are states that have had to actually change thier state flags because it offended some people.
It has come down to the fact that the wants and desires of the few outwiegh the rights of all.
Our left wants gun control, no more god and country or freedom.  It is pathetic but we struggle on.

Good for Australia.  Stand strong guys

gitano

The question is: Is this a true representation of what Prime Minister Rudd actually said?

If so, "Good on 'im". But it sounds awfully "American". I'll have to check into this before I get to rah rah.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

QuoteThe question is: Is this a true representation of what Prime Minister Rudd actually said?
Exactly!!! this is what I want to know. God Bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

22hornet

I don't remember that speech and I have my doubts about it coming from our PM.

And as gitano said it does sound "American". The reference to speaking spanish is very odd. We don't have many Spanish speaking people here. We do have the second largest Greek population in the world, outside of Greece that is. And the "learn the language" part is very strong too.

Maybe Kombi can shed some light on it?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

22hornet

http://thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6869

I found this while searching for the origins of the .338MAI.

Click on the link.

Notice anything?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

Joe

Doesn't sound like something a gutless poli would say, Labour or liberal. They would call it "politically incorrect". But it does echo the sentiments of the MAJORITY of Australians!

davidlt89

Hello Joe and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear thats how the Aussie's feel. God Bless.

Joe

Fieldmor77

Joe's right, this is what most Aussies feel should be said, but i can't recall Kevin Rudd actually saying this. When you've got youth, born in this country with an ethnic background who openly rubbish our way of life, then you have the recipe for some seriously dangerous social issues. But i can't see them making a beeline back to the **** holes that there parents were so desperate to escape from in a hurry.

kombi1976

This isn't Kevin Rudd speak although it does remind me of a speech made by either John Howard or Brendan Nelson, the previous prime minister and a cabinet member respectively.
But you guys are right.
There's no such thing as the Pledge.
This is clearly a modified piece of American patriotic rhetoric that I pretty much agree with, at least applied to Oz.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Tags: