My Henry 17 hmr

Started by farmboy, April 07, 2016, 08:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

I got it back in just under a month. I paid shipping one way. The report says over charged shell. I have not shot it yet but I have mounted the scope back on it. They say the test fired in twenty times. They used the wrong size screwdriver on the action cover!

gitano

That's too bad about the action cover screw, but pretty good service otherwise I would say.

How many of those "hot" .17 HMR rounds do you still have? I was thinking you might pull the bullets on them and weigh a the charges. You could load the bullets in your .17 Remington. j0e_bl0ggs and I bought some of those bullets as components a couple of years ago in a one-time offering from Midway. A 17-grain bullet can go very fast out of a .17 Remington rifle. Too fast to stay together unfortunately, but you can get them up towards 4400. I would be interested to know what those powder charges are/were, AND... you might find some of the "double-charged". If I did, I'd send the maker a 'nasty-gram'.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

branxhunter

Quote from: farmboy;144187I got it back in just under a month. I paid shipping one way. The report says over charged shell. I have not shot it yet but I have mounted the scope back on it. They say the test fired in twenty times. They used the wrong size screwdriver on the action cover!

Take a photo then contact them politely pointing out what has happened and could they send a replacement - I don't think that is good enough.

Marcus

sakorick

Quote from: branxhunter;144190Take a photo then contact them politely pointing out what has happened and could they send a replacement - I don't think that is good enough.

Marcus

Marcus is correct.....be polite but firm!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

farmboy

I think you fellows are right. The screws are not horrible but you can see they skipped a bit with not a big enough screw driver head. The blade of the screw driver was not quite big enough. I put the part box away for safe keeping I have to find it again. I read not saying it is correct but I read that 17 hmr shells are loaded with little gun powder.

farmboy

Edited to rotate image.

Tags: