.45 Coyote

Started by rockinbbar, February 15, 2008, 03:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockinbbar

was out working this morning. I think it was about 9:30...& a coyote trotted out and across a road.

Dang! NO Rifle!! :( :(

I DO have my trusty .45 Colt in it's usual spot though....

I dig my .45 out of the console & start tracking the coyote as it was moving through some mesquite & salt cedar brush.

It paused, & Bang!-Flop!

65 yards...through the boiler room. :D

Was using 250 gr HydraShok bullets. It never kicked.

Not as good as making a few stands, but not bad for a freebe while working!
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Daryl (deceased)

Good shot, rockin'!

:)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

bowhunter 51

:biggthumpup: Excellent!.....................................................BH51............
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Jarhead

Paul Hoskins

rockin, that was a good shot. It's a good shot any time a coyote plops.  ...........Paul H

RatherBHuntin

That's the first time I heard of someone stalking a coyote, and with a pistol no less.  Good job.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

rockinbbar

gitano

Cool!

Did the bullet pass through?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

rockinbbar

It had exited. Not a big hole....50 cent piece size.

davidlt89

Nice shot indeed!!!! with a pistol I am pretty accurate to 10 yards!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

QuoteIt had exited.

Just wonderin' about those HPs at 65 yds... dontchaknow.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

rockinbbar

I don't think a .45 needs to expand too much to do the job....But, it seems like it did expand. I know the tests were good on the Hydroshok.

gitano

I can't remember exactly when the Hydroshok whas introduced to the public, but it was no later than the mid-70's I think. I was immediately taken with it, and continue to this day to believe it is an oustanding pistol bullet. If I get started swaging bullets, I am going to make Hydroshoks for some of my rifles.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

:biggthumpup: That's was a good shot..... When I first started reading.... I was hope'n you would have pulled out the ol' Colt SAA....... The firts time I lay'ed hands on any Hydr's was in . 357  around the mid 80's.... got some for my S&W model 19............ Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Gmoney

-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

subsonic

Good job. I'm sure you deserve a "free one" by now :biggthumpup:

ben3d

Very cool, you are a very good shot.  I had been thinking of moving to arizona from hawaii, because of the hunting and fishing . And back in '99 -'00 outside of the cities up in north central part in the verde valley you could wear a pistol on your belt in plain sight..  The day I left I was waiting at the 7-11 by Camp verde for the shuttle down to the Phoenix airport and up comes a guy in a pick up with a camper shell and he steps out with a holstered semi on his hip and calmly walk in to the 7-11.  He comes out with his morning coffee and and goes to fill his tank...  Wow that was soo cool..  here you cannot even have a firearm in your vehicle unless you are going to and from a gunstore  or gunsmith, the police dept to register it, the range or a hunting area in hunting season... and you better have your hunting permit...  We don't have much to hunt on Oahu, due to the population and private lands...  Outer island is better..  Man that is on of my dream scenarios come true...  
     Back in the late 70's I had bought a Thompson Contender Carbine  in .222 rem w a bull barrel at a gunshow in orange county calif.. ( I was in college ) and I wanted it for a vehicle  gun for coyotes if I happened on one...
     You have a pretty good job to have that kind of thing happen..   ...b3

Daryl (deceased)

Quote from: ben3d;76473Very cool, you are a very good shot. I had been thinking of moving to arizona from hawaii, because of the hunting and fishing . And back in '99 -'00 outside of the cities up in north central part in the verde valley you could wear a pistol on your belt in plain sight.. The day I left I was waiting at the 7-11 by Camp verde for the shuttle down to the Phoenix airport and up comes a guy in a pick up with a camper shell and he steps out with a holstered semi on his hip and calmly walk in to the 7-11. He comes out with his morning coffee and and goes to fill his tank... Wow that was soo cool.. here you cannot even have a firearm in your vehicle unless you are going to and from a gunstore or gunsmith, the police dept to register it, the range or a hunting area in hunting season... and you better have your hunting permit... We don't have much to hunt on Oahu, due to the population and private lands... Outer island is better.. Man that is on of my dream scenarios come true...
Back in the late 70's I had bought a Thompson Contender Carbine in .222 rem w a bull barrel at a gunshow in orange county calif.. ( I was in college ) and I wanted it for a vehicle gun for coyotes if I happened on one...
You have a pretty good job to have that kind of thing happen.. ...b3

You can still wear a pistol on your belt in plain sight is Arizona.  Not just up north, and not just out of town.

I wore a single action revolver yesterday, and stopped by Fry's for a few groceries.  No one gave me any notice at all.  It's not like everyone open carried here, but it's more common than some would think.

I carry either concealed or openly most of the time, depending on where I'm at and what I'm doing.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Tags: