Whilst Shooting Prairie Dogs

Started by recoil junky, June 27, 2016, 03:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

I saw these prickly pear blossoms:

And what ever kind this is:

Over looking the prairie dog town:

So it's not ALL about the kaBOOM . . . . . . . SPLOCK and watching parts go flying. I did however have all four rifles too hot to touch for more than 5 seconds at the same time, so I was having a great time even though the bugs were nasty and it was 78* already at 09:30.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

Looks like the perfect honey hole , RJ !    Great stuff.  I guess it`s time to head for mine.  Been thinking about it for a few weeks. Thanks for the inspiration.

recoil junky

And I got ot play with my new Nikon 7Ti (1300 yard) range finder. I managed to whack one at 424 yards (100% pure dee luck and two sighters) with the 25-06, a 364 yard kaBOOM . . . . . . . . . . . . THOCK with the .243, a 260 yard partsnpieceseverywhere with the .223 (I took two .223's) and an 84 yard kill with the SBH Hunter.

I had all four rifles so hot (at the same time) you couldn't hold your hand on the barrel for a short ten count.

It was a great day, just next time I can't forget the bug spray. Skeeters and no-see-ums were TERRIBLE!!!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: