hales
0 (0%)
ushnell
8 (15.7%)
ther (please list)
6 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Lost Hunta

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=176013 what???? never heard of em' and there making sound like the Schmidt-Bender of Simmon's price lol. and they're like $450 avg MSRP
"Cari" my M4 carbine

Rohann

Thanks everyone for all the awesome advice. I'll keep looking around for deals and recommendations. Keep posting!

Thanks a bunch,
-Rohann

Rohann

Daniel: What model of Nikon would you recommend? Any info on their warranties/quality?

sprtsmn

I sent back a Leupold Vari-X III ($400) to get a Weaver Grand Slam (silver/black w/ black trim) 3x10x40 and I love it.  ($269 @ Cabela's even thought catalog says $319).  Write up in Field and Stream and other pubs are great and the scope looks awesome on my T/C Omega stainless/laminated/black trim.  Weaver sliver looks more like satinless for a better match while Leuplod silver looks like bright aluminum.  For muzzleloaders etc. I like that WGS is paralax free at 100 yards and not 150 like Leupold since I shoot and try loads at 100 yards.  Nicer focus adj. than Leupold.  Just as clear or to me more clear.  When I adjust Leuplod reticle is clear but not object and vise vera.  Weaver GS was clear on object and reticle AT THE SAME TIME.  Maybe it is my old 38 year old eyes.  Weaver Polar Caps are great scope covers too.  Just check it out like I did.  I drove to Cabela's WV just to look thru scopes for a few hours!  I do like my Leupold Vari-X I ($200) but not as musch as my Weaver Grand Slam.  It is my first Weaver so I can't tell you about product suppot yet... Leupold's is good I hear.
All this said my next rifle .325WSM is getting a Zeiss Conquest ($400) because I want 4" of eye relief.  Silver and black scope with 4" of eye relif so my eye doesn't turn silver/black/and blue!

Lost Hunta

ahhhhh yes Weaver Grand Slam. both American Rifleman and shooter did a review and both testings were 100%A+ results. Am. Rflmn used QR rings and even after the torture they put on the scope it remained zeroed.
"Cari" my M4 carbine

sav17

[I asked in a previous post about the weaver scopes,because I was offered one in my local gun shop, not sure on the model but it seemed the business,I think it was a 3x10x40looking through it off the rifle the optics seemed good and the build quality excellent.Iuse a single mag Zeiss Diatal Z[6x42] on my tikka .223 and that is excellent, pin sharp in most light conditions even low light,then again it should be says on the end of the box "assembled in america"In the UK we have a company producing a range of scopes called HAWKE they come in at the budget end of the market but work really well I have a model called the REFLEX in 3x9x40 it comes with a milldot reticule is well built and only cost 60gbp I also had one on my weihrauch 22 air rifle called the "nite eye" that came in 3x9x50 with illumunated milldot reticule, parralax adjustable and fast focus eye bell a good quality scope with all the bells and whistles for 129gbp dont know how it would fare on anything with a half decent recoil mind you. Another question I have a bushnell trophy that I use on my savage 17hmr great scope but what do you think about the bushnell elite range?Oh yes and can I get a cabelas catologue in the UK.I will be glad of any more info you can give me on weaver scopes preferably single magnification 6 or 8x if they do them;)
Thanks for your help..........Richie
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

Lost Hunta

say i want to sell my Weaver v7-II. I'm pretty sure $130 would be good since another on gunbroker is going for $150 and another for $20 on ebay(after 5 bids even) but i think the guy didn't know what he really had there or didn't know value.
"Cari" my M4 carbine

Shotgunhemi

You left out Weaver Rohan. Ive got a simmons whitetail classic 4-12x44 on my 06 but am not satisfied with it. I will be getting a Weaver grandslam soon.
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

Rohann

Sorry, I couldn't think of any more scope brands at the time; my mind was blank.
Comments on Weaver scopes?
I also found a Springfield Arms scope (I think it was military) and that looked pretty good. Any comments on this brand?

Thanks,
-Rohann

Daniel in Ak

sorry Rohann,Ive been busy.I dont even remember what my warrenty is on my Nikon.Dont know about recommending a certain Nikon or not,mine is the 6.5x20x44mm.All I can say dude is check out all the brand in your area and compare the glass and warrenties.

We have those Springfield Armory's also here,glass looks nice,but pricy up here.I dont know anyone that uses one.BUt they do look like nice scopes.Daniel

Lost Hunta

Rohann apperently you havnt seen my intel on Weaver's? i've done it twice somewhere on this site but can't find it so i'll just put this. Two brutal tests were performed by On Target and American Riflman TV and in both Weaver's grand slam came through just as i was before.

Them there's Bushnell 4200/3200 scopes of which i'll be getting
"Cari" my M4 carbine

Lost Hunta

I  picked up a Nikon Pro-staff 3-9x40 for my H7r and while i havn't used it yet i must say it's solid, clear and prtty
"Cari" my M4 carbine

m gardner

I believe simpler is better and use fixed power scopes made by burris. Many younger folks can't believe that long range accurate shooting can be done with a low power scope but my first scope was a 3 power weaver and worked vey nicely. It's more about learning how to shoot than having the latest gimmicks. That's how the russian and north vietnamese snipers did so well with 2.5 power scopes on Moisin-Nangant rifles.

Lost Hunta

i'm well aware of that. if there had been a nice fixed at the sale i woulda picked it instead
"Cari" my M4 carbine

Rohann

Yes that's true, low power scopes can be used for long range, though I want to buy a variable power-scope as this isn't only going to be a hunting/"sniper" rifle.

-Rohann

Tags: