Y'all Ain't Gonn'a Believe This Shot

Started by Paul Hoskins, February 13, 2007, 11:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Never saw a chipmunk out in winter while it was cold and snow on the ground. This sucker was out today carrying sunflower seeds from under the picnic table to the woodpile until I put a stop to it with the cheapie Remington Airmaster 77 pump up job. Waited till it loaded the cheek pouches and started for the wooddpile. As it got behind one leg of the picnic table, it hesitated long enough for me to get set. As it made a dash across the snow, I waited till it cleared the tires on my JD riding mower and drew just aahead about two inches and let go. The pellet entered the left ear and exited the right eye. Luck? Yes but predetermined luck and a lot of shooting. Pellet was the Daisy Precision Max flat point. The gun was pumped five times. My old Bushnell rangefinder said it was 31 precision yards.........Paul H.........Trying to get a picture to come up. Hope it works. Darn computers!!!:frown

Paul Hoskins

Well, my ignorance is still running true to form..........Paul H

babbyc1000

nice shot! i was busting old dinner plates at 150 yards with the 10/22 today (when it wasnt jamming that is)

not as skillful as your shot, but fun all the same!
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

Paul Hoskins

Gonn'a try one last time...........Paul H

Alboy

Very nice shot indeed.

High price to pay for a little seed isn't it.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

Odd?...I'm not as fond of sunflower seed as I was awhile ago!
Sounds ta' me like a good runnin' shot...Congrat's....:biggthumpup:BH51
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

A running 31 yard-shot with a pellet gun is no mean feat. Great shot! Trophies are in the moment.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Thanks for the kind words Paul. It is something I probably never can reproduce but I was prepared. I saw the little varmint stop behind the leg of the picnic table long enough to get the gun up for a try and get the safety off. He made a dash for the woodpile and covered about four or five feet before meeting his demise..........Paul H

scoper-uk

scoper-uk

I shot a fox through the eye at 65 yards,with my friends fac 97k in 177 , it dropped instantly, i was assured it would do, but seeing it unfold through the scope was something else,we set the rifle up two days previous at the exact spot,

RatherBHuntin

Paul,
I do believe that was the most interesting writeup of a chipmunk hunt I have ever read.  Good shooting.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Paul Hoskins

Glenn, I missed another chipmunk yesterday at 65 yards with the Savage m 93 in 17 HRM. Shot too quick and that Accutrigger throws me off a bit on quick shots. Maybe I'll get used to it. I love that Accutrigger tho.   ..........Paul H

Tags: