Tulsa trip

Started by sakorick, April 10, 2023, 10:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

The big Gun Show at Tulsa will probably be my last, why......Too many non gun sellers taking up space and the long lines to just get in. That said I did sell a M1Carbine and found new deer rifle for Owen as he has now outgrown his Mossberg Youth .243. I was looking for a .270 for him resulting that Rick, Owen and Evan will all be shooting the Winchester .270 simplifying the reloading effort. I found him an unfired Smith and Wesson in , 270. I bet everyone is shaking their heads ?????? Smith and Wesson? Yep, here's the story. Back in the mid 70's S&W went up against Sako and Weatherby and designed the rifle. They were built in Japan by Howa for 2 years and the program was abolished. The 1500 was and is a fine rifle and came in standard and deluxe models. Not many of the  deluxe rifles were made (nobody seems to know how many) and I found one in .270. Here are some pictures. As you can see it looks like a cross between a Sako ans a Weatherby.

[ATTACH]16404[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16405[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16406[/ATTACH]
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

A friend of mine had one in 7mm Mag that I loaded ammo for. Nice rifle that shot straight. I see them for sale on line with some regularity. They're good rifles.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Good to hear. I like the rather heavier than normal barrel. Those pencil barrels are cheaper and the don't seem to shoot that straight. Everyone these days want  a six pound canon!!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

branxhunter

You have a knack for picking good ones Rick. Looks like it has some nice wood.

Marcus

Tags: