Group Editing

Started by gitano, February 12, 2010, 07:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

After considerable contemplation, I've decided that "group editing" is not "the way to go" here. If you (the editorial "you") want to take on a subject, just write it and it will get published. "Editing" is a tough enough business even when it's a business, and "group editing" here at THL is only going to lead to arguments, 'bent noses', dissention, and getting nothing done. We're best off I think to just let the "normal" forum process work and 'refine' the threads by using individual posts.

So, recoil junky, alboy, and davidlt89, publish what you've assembled on "safety", "posting images from photobucket," and "getting started reloading" repectively, and everyone can add their comments as they see fit in the 'thread' format. (Rick, the formatting "ball" of your SN table is still "in my court". I'll get to it as soon as I can.)

While this will not have the "streamlined" nature I was envisioning, it will still have the key subjects located in a centralized location, and it will allow everyone to 'have their say'. People looking for information will have to sort through "more", but by the same token, more opinions and comments will be available to consider.

This'll work. We just have to adjust as we learn how it's gonna work.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

Quote from: gitano;104031After considerable contemplation, I've decided that "group editing" is not "the way to go" here.

Somewhat like having a "committee" design some peice of equipment. The original vision gets lost in the translation and compromise.

Self editing will probably work out the quickest and easiest way to get projects on the board.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

recoil junky

I'd still like to have more "input" before I send mine to the presses. I'm sure there're a few things I left out.  :o Some more "Benchtop Guidelines" would be cool, but I/we can add them later as well.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

davidlt89

will do soon. I tried to copy and paste from my original post and none of my pics followed. I may just move the original thread to the "reference library". God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

Me n gitano have been emailing "ideas" back and forth and it seems to be working. We (gitano and I) don't always agree, but we hash it out. He points out a few things and I "fix" my errors, point out why I said something or reword something. Heaven knows my typing has much to be desired!! :p

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Tags: