It's about time!!

Started by yotecurhunter, December 22, 2008, 07:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yotecurhunter

Hey all!  Good to be back after a pretty good season!  This is my first elk with my bow.  I've taken quite a few bulls with my rifle but this one might actually be the biggest.  We managed to pack out the elk in one trip... one very tiring trip.  When the meat was weighed, we each had about 100lbs of food in our packs.  That's the most I've ever gotten into our pack and I'll tell you, the strain of packing 100lbs down a steep mountain on very dry ground can't be described.  

I couldn't have done it without having my good luck charm in camp with me that day.  Notice the date stamps on the pictures.  I've got some other neat pictures from a wild season.  I'll give you a clue.  It involves a cougar.
Sean G. Harrison

klallen

LOL.  Love the pics of the animal but that last one sure takes the cake.  Beautiful little hunter you have there !!!

davidlt89

congrats!!!!! I don't much about elk but it looks like a keeper!!! cute kid also!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Alboy

Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

whacker1

Well done - Nice Bull - beautiful baby
Neil

recoil junky

That is indeed a dandy. Idda kilt him. :D

I used to hunt alot with a bow, but after 11 sugeries on my hands I had to give it up. Can't draw on very easily any more.

There's that "kilt" word again just for kombi!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

RatherBHuntin

RJ,
Does Colorado allow you to use a crossbow during archery?
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

gitano

Nice bull and great pics!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

No RB, crossbows are not allowed. No draw locks either.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

RatherBHuntin

Sure leaves you in a tough place RJ, sorry to hear that.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Paul Hoskins

Beautiful baby and nice elk. Thanks for sharing.   .....Paul H

Tags: