Pretty good weekend I'd say

Started by Gmoney, February 26, 2008, 06:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmoney

NOTE: Copied and pasted from elsewhere.  My partner who I refer to was Barry.

Was fortunate enough to take an extended weekend to visit a good friend of mine in New Mexico and reduce to coyote population some this past weekend.

We did.

I could type a book about this weekend but I'll just post some pictures and a few of the crazy moments. If I would have had a film guy there I could have made a whole video from this weekend. It was that good.

First set Friday morning we have 6 or 7 charging to us in a line coming hard. We let them get to the caller before we open up but right before we did they scattered like a covey of quail. Took a picture of one and got lead in another.

Shot him at a dead run at 50 yards, took 3 end over end flips before the dust settled. This was a common theme as we only took 3 or 4 still shots the whole weekend.

Killed 5 or 6 Friday and called in probably 15 or so.

Saturday the wind was howling so we stayd near town. Amidst the dirt bikes and 4 wheelers we managed a lone male.

I went by myself Saturday night as someone needed his beauty sleep...grin... :grin:
Forgot my stool and the shotgun so I didn't have much chance in the dunes. Called in 5 and only shot once. Is there such a thing as them coming too agressively? Yes, there is.
A pic for the romantics out there.

Sunday morning we hit it again early as the wind died. We called in probably 10-14, saw 12-15 more and called in a kitty.
First coyote of the day leaped 5 feet through the air and bit the Foxpro. After I shot him we walked over and there was slobber and bite marks on the caller. I told my partner that if he ever sells the caller the buyer will like it as it adds character.
Another set yesterday morning and on one set we called in coyotes from 3 diferent directions and we saw a black coyote. He would have got tanned no doubt. These are just the highlights of a phenomenal trip to NM with a good friend of mine.

Some pics from Sunday:

HAd a great time, a great set of host, and a great weekend. Barry shot some coyotes waaaayyy out there but I wasn't suprised when he connected.
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

bowhunter 51

Great stuff, guys..........................................................................BH51.......
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

rockinbbar

Greg's an excellent shot too....

Like he said, not many afforded standing shots.

Twas fun though. :D
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

killerkoz

nice definitly good hunt good pics to

RatherBHuntin

It's a good thing Daryl wasn't there too, might have to put coyotes on the Endangered Species list if the three of ya'll get together. Dang fine job on the varmints, wish I could have gotten in on that party. So what was the longest shot? And the shortest?

Forgot to mention that I went and called some this weekend too, didn't see a single varmint, though I did run into some loose house and hound dogs several times.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Daryl (deceased)

Quote from: RatherBHuntin;74836It's a good thing Daryl wasn't there too, might have to put coyotes on the Endangered Species list if the three of ya'll get together. Dang fine job on the varmints, wish I could have gotten in on that party. So what was the longest shot? And the shortest?

Forgot to mention that I went and called some this weekend too, didn't see a single varmint, though I did run into some loose house and hound dogs several times.

Daryl's down with the flu.  Passed out getting out of bed yesterday morning, and ended up in the ER.  Doing a bit better now, taking codeine (sp?) based cough syrup, but now my wife feels like I did yesterday.

I think the coyotes are safe.

Barry,

It looks like you have plenty of coyotes to go around, that's for sure!  Y'all are seeing more coyotes in a few days than I've seen all season over here.

Not that I've been out all that much; life's been a little rough on many levels lately.

Congrat's on the great hunt, and thanks for sharing the story and pic's Greg.  I'm envious, but there's a smile on my face.

:)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

Hope you get to feeling better soon, as well as your wife.

I guess if you HAVE to be sick, it's better ya'll have it at the same time. That way you can both feel better at the same time...:)

Get well & ya'll come see me, & we'll see what we can't do about your coyote withdrawal.

Barry

Daryl (deceased)

I'll take you up on that invite one of these days, Barry. Without a doubt!

Right now there's just too many irons in the fire. When the tally's all made, I'll be looking for a break. Probably see you then. ;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

Look forward to that!

You gonna break down & get an AR, right? :D

RatherBHuntin

Quote from: rockinbbar;74869Look forward to that!

If he just gets his hands on a loaner, maybe then he'll want one.

Daryl, I hope you and your wife get to feeling better, the flu can sure make you feel horrible.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Daryl (deceased)

Quote from: rockinbbar;74869Look forward to that!

I might have to, just to be ready in case of coyote or zombie attacks.

;)

Daryl

RIP Linden33

22hornet

Great pics, nice country side - looks the same as Cobar or Bourke in OZ! No coyotes out here though, only pigs and goats with some foxes thrown in.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

davidlt89

Great pictures, would love to experience coyote hunting like that!!!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: