Crock Pot Squirrel, With A Hint of Bunny

Started by buckshot roberts, January 31, 2011, 09:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

:chef:Well after being on sick leave from the field, for a number of weeks, I had to sneak out of the house, just could not stand it any longer, ah that and I got a little better. I drove out to a friend place and loaded up the BPS, and was taking a shot walk across this field,
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3333/76625227.jpg
 wasn't looking to take anything, We had a lite snow and it was 'bout 30, I was half way in when I jumped up a rabbit,
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6420/92859174.jpg
 Been out of the field to long, it
 took two shot's to get him, I made a turn around and came back on the other side with out any luck, Well the sun came out for a spell, and I was standing buy the wood line, When I saw what looked like a bird  of some kind low to the ground, well it was not a bird, I was a squirrel making his way back across this field, I missed him on the first shot, and on the second one to, I let him run into the next one.
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3127/20788313.jpg
 It's not much of a days hunt, but I'm happy I'm out, cleaned'em up and put both in the crock pot, they was good.............Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

bowhunter 51

I could do for some southern fried rabbit with mashed tater's & gravey...
I haven't kilt a rabbit all season...tho I've fair'd excellent on squirrel...
Seems the weather hasn't been all that co'operative and when it is, I gotta
"honey-do" list (reflecting on the post in the Whitetail forum "The Button and the
Black Cloud" I posted in December)...........Yea............................................BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

buckshot roberts

That was my first in in about 10 weeks, my health put me out of  most of this season, but I can still get in a few day's of rabbit, squirrel before end..Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

bowhunter 51

I hear ya....I got till February 28th, and that's all of it till spring squirrel season
opens in May.............................................................................................BH51
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

Cotton-tails and fox squirrel. Boy! dudn't get much better 'n' that.

Nice pics,
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

Paul sometime before season ends, I'm going to drive down and put in few days just hunting around were I first started hunting..........Ron

Tags: