Port Aransas Tex waterfowling

Started by hatracked, January 29, 2007, 03:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatracked

Incredible waterfowling! Now by no means am I an expert on waterfowling in fact I am nothing short of a total rookie. But I know we stacked ducks like they were going out of style and left with all limits filled and variety of ducks so deep I was asking more than once, what the hell is that! LOL Bag included pintails, widgeons,shovelers,greenwing, cinimon, and bluewing teal,blue bills, red heads, and a few other species. Port Aransas is awesome and the cameras were working flawlessly. We got some awesome waterfowling despite some very crummy filming conditions. I am sure some clips will be showing up very soon.
Got rained out the third day and I ventured out and took a limit of ducks myself. The office will soon sport a new pair of drake pin tail and drake widgeon mount.  :D I found shooting in 40 mph winds at ducks to be absolutely the most humbling shotgunning experience I have ever undertaken. Lots of challenge left in that for me so I have a new obsession.
Our goose hunt was a marginal success. They most definately werent ready for a cameraman and the substitute that showed up in place of our missing guide did little to help the gang understand what was going to happen during the hunt or how it was going to be done. That led to alot of confusion and a distinct lack of opportunity. If it wasnt for the excellent shooting of a couple of the guys and a willingness to ignore the guide and skybust some geese we would have been lucky to take out three . When your looking at a sky full of geese 3 to 5 thousand strong coming over your dekes taking 3 by the guides command is somewhat crappy if you ask me. But like I said the boys stepped up screwed in some new chokes and we walked out with 22 geese, some snows, ross, lesser canadians, and blues. Post hunt some interior trash in one of the lenses revealed itself on the tv screen so alot of our footage was ruined but we did manage enough to put together a ten minute hunt clip.  I look forward to showing you guys some of the Aransas air attack we fended off this past week. it was incredible waterfowling.
Heres some pics I will be adding more once I get the masters in and can capture some stills off the video.
One of the pin tails that fell during our trip

A few duck decorating the airboat

Nice line up of Widgeon drakes

Ronnie, confirmed long range expert and one of several snows he dropped on our one day Katy Texas goose hunt.
John Coit
The modern bowhunter celebrates his anscestry by the use of the bow and arrow.

Tags: