Yet Another P H 1200 Question!

Started by woodyplacks, May 26, 2010, 08:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodyplacks

:sleeping: I posted this question in the wrong spot before. Hopefully, I got it right this time.  I`m in process of buying a P.H. 1200, in 7mm mag., from a local gun shop. The bolt isn`t blued, but is either plated, or polished . Could someone tell me if some of the 1200s had plated bolts, or just polished?  I would like to know, as I`m thinking of getting the bolt jewelled, if possible. Any and all opinions are appreciated. I would also like to find a steel trigger guard and floor plate eventually, to replace the aluminum one that is on it now. Thanks..........Art:biggthumpup:

Brithunter

The bolts are polished not plated as far as I am aware if not tended they will rust! If you Jewel the bolt you will increase the friction due to the little swirls all over it.

Now the trigger guard and floor plate is going to be a bit of a problem as the P-H one is cast with the magazine case as one piece. Not sure if others would fit or not........................................... sorry.
Go Get them Floyd!

woodyplacks

Quote from: Brithunter;106327The bolts are polished not plated as far as I am aware if not tended they will rust! If you Jewel the bolt you will increase the friction due to the little swirls all over it.

Now the trigger guard and floor plate is going to be a bit of a problem as the P-H one is cast with the magazine case as one piece. Not sure if others would fit or not........................................... sorry.

:biggthumpup: Thank You Sir ! ,  It makes sense that they would not go to the trouble of plating it. It may make it a little rougher, but I like the looks of jeweling. I may reshape the bolt handle slightly, and then blue it, for better rust protection. Thanks again......Art.:)

Brithunter

Some of the P-H 1200's had a blued bolt handle ............................ in fact my 1200Super in 7.92mm does as you can see here:-

and the 1200C also has a blued handle:-

So it will not look out of place with it. As for the Jeweling :lipsrsealed: .
Go Get them Floyd!

davidlt89

Don't have any answers for ya Art, but it is good to see you on the forum again? Are you buying the gun from Mac's Trading post? God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

woodyplacks

Quote from: davidlt89;106335Don't have any answers for ya Art, but it is good to see you on the forum again? Are you buying the gun from Mac's Trading post? God Bless.

Hi Dave,  Yes, and yes; I`m getting back into the game, or trying to anyway.  Thanks for the kind words and thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,Art.:biggthumpup:

woodyplacks

This reply is for Brithunter- Thanks for posting the pictures.  I think that I will blue the handle and bolt shroud. I have some Mark Lee`s that I would like to try out; { hot water rust blue solution.} Your rifle bolts look fine as they are, so I think I`ll take your advise, and not jewell it, just polish and oil it. Thanks...........Art.

Brithunter

Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: