New Project - Omark .308

Started by branxhunter, October 15, 2013, 11:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie.270

QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

22hornet

Much better. :2thumbsup:

Yep, get that scope lower. With the low bolt throw the only thing holding you back is the size of the scope.

Have you managed to play around with loads yet? I have heard good thing from users of Sierras 135gn HPBT Matchking. Might give you less recoil and easier off the bench.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

gitano

Me four!

Personally, I wouldn't touch that scope! That little bit that it is higher than maximally low would be immaterial to me if I could shoot groups like that with it "high"!

Nice!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

You sure know how to doll up those old girls Marcus.

Nice shooting too.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

branxhunter

A few more photos for you Jorge

Marcus

branxhunter

And a few more

Marcus

Jorge in Oz

Nice mate. They are very accurate rifles.

I have seen one with a SLR mag that a dude used for pig shooting.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

branxhunter

Update on the Omark project.

I played around with the trigger and managed to lighten it off somewhat. I bought and loaded up some Lapua brass with 155gn A-maxes over AR2208, and during our summer beachside holiday down on the SW Vic coast I got to try them out. The loads were four cases at each powder charge weight of 45.2gn, 45.5gn and 45.8gn AR2208, with each charge weight loaded at 2.835", 2.840" and 2.850" OAL, so 36 rounds in all. A split case (NOT Lapua) was used to determined the OAL to the lands as 2.850".

The shooting was done prone at 125m over front and rear bags - nothing fancy.

[ATTACH]13540[/ATTACH]

More photos to follow,

Marcus

branxhunter

Various groups:

[ATTACH]13541[/ATTACH]

branxhunter

Best group - measured approx 0.4" at 125m. This is starting to get very interesting.

[ATTACH]13542[/ATTACH]

Marcus

Jamie.270

Quote from: Branxhunter;130756Best group - measured approx 0.4" at 125m. This is starting to get very interesting.

Marcus
Interesting indeed.
That group is "Money!"
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

kombi1976

What I want to know is did you hit the windmills? :greentongue:
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

branxhunter

Quote from: kombi1976;130759What I want to know is did you hit the windmills? :greentongue:

The hubs make an inviting target don't they?

Marcus

kombi1976

Quote from: Branxhunter;130761The hubs make an inviting target don't they?

Marcus

They do, they really do.
That'd really be "doping the wind.":D
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Tags: