One tag filled.....

Started by Vermonster, November 12, 2013, 03:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

Got my first California deer in 13 years a few days ago.  About an hour hike in, 3 hour hike out. 90 degrees, I am still feeling it now. However, backstrap, tenderloin, and a good IPA with an old friend just 12 hours after the shot made it all worth it. Still have a buck tag, but with meat already in the freezer, I might just do some small hunts/walks with my 7 year old. Good times!

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Congratulations! I know how tough it can be to hunt in SoCal. Seems ALL of the elements are against you. That's a great accomplishment!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

"  And a good IPA................   "      It doesn`t get any better than that  !!!   Nice going !

And thanks for the photo.

JaDub

davidlt89

good for you Sean!!!! long overdue!!! hope to see that other tagged filled! will be fun being out with the boy, you will be surprised how many question they can ask in a short amount of time!!! worth every moment though!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Hunterbug

Well done. I'm sure that you are enjoying every bite of the meat.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

A good IPA? Really"? Huh.

I applaud your success but not your choice in beverage. :D 'Bout like drinkin' Fosters in Australia.

And I also applaud you for taking the 7 year old. Well done!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

QuoteA good IPA? Really"? Huh.

There's something we can agree on, RJ! That's about all my beer 'connoisseur' friend, Grant, drinks. Can't hardly gag it down myself, but then I like the 'cheap stuff'. I may be the only person in the country that ADMITS that they LIKE Budweiser. Funny that, since it Anheiser Busch sells the most beer in the country. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

No IPA for me either. I'll take a good stout or porter any day.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Vermonster

Quote from: Hunterbug;129327No IPA for me either. I'll take a good stout or porter any day.

As would I, but I just happened to have an IPA in the fridge.  As long as it's not a generic watered down beer, I'm good...... :2thumbsup:

gitano

So how was eatin' that doe, Vermonster?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

buckshot roberts

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: