Any Marines Out There??

Started by Jarhead, February 06, 2008, 04:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead

Would enjoy hearing from any Marine Brothers who are hunters...

Stryker

Quote from: Jarhead;73642Would enjoy hearing from any Marine Brothers who are hunters...

Present, and or accounted for.

HMH-464 2nd Marine Air Wing
1983-1987
- Mark

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wonderng if they made a difference. The MARINES don\'t have that problem."
- President Ronald Reagan 1985

knuckledragger

Semper Fi, Leatherneck

1986-2007  (1st, 2d, 3d, 4th MarDiv, HQMC & II MEF)
Retired Grunt

Knuckledragger
Not everyone gets a trophy.

Jarhead

India 3/5 FMF 1st MarDiv
USMC 1971-1974

Semper Fi

knuckledragger

Jarhead-  For some reason, I'm still unable to respond to PM's.  

I was in 2/7 (1st & 3d MarDiv via UDP), 3/2 and 1/24 (as an I&I).  I was at  MCRD SD and HQMC in between Fleet tours and ended in II MEF (I think they were MAF's when you were in) last year.  I actually signed on while I lived in Corvallis, Oregon.  Killed my 1st and only elk in the coastal range, east of Alsea.

KD

Jarhead

KD,

Congrats on your first Elk....I joined the Corps out of Canyon City, Oregon. I still own 28.4 acres adjacent to the Strawberry Mountain Wilderness and hunt out of my back yard. Anyway, I have taken Grizzly, Moose, Dall Sheep, Caribou, Rocky Mountain Elk, and many Mule Deer. I lived in and hunted Alaska for 11 years...the other critters were taken in Oregon.
I qualified Expert Rifleman in the Corps, but was raised hunting by my father who was a retired Navy Senior Chief.

Semper Fi

Jarhead

knuckledragger

I hunted the Strawberry Mntn Wilderness when I lived in OR.  By buddy's family owned a ranch outside John Day.  Cant remember which Fork of the John Day River it was on.  Gorgeous area.    KD

Jarhead

Quote from: knuckledragger;73832I hunted the Strawberry Mntn Wilderness when I lived in OR. By buddy's family owned a ranch outside John Day. Cant remember which Fork of the John Day River it was on. Gorgeous area. KD

KD

I graduated from High School in John Day, and worked on a cattle ranch outside of John Day. What family did you hunt with? I might know them....
My property boarders the western boundry of the wilderness area. It's across the road from the old farm house I came home on leave to. Both my folks are dead now and I am keeping my Folks dream alive and well...
You live in NC...I had a good buddy from there....he was a retired Marine Captain (Mustang) who was the Company Gunny of Mike 3/5 in Vietnam. He died of cancer in June 2004 at the age of 61. A Marines Marine! Indeed.

May the wind always be in your favor...:)

Semper Fi

Tags: