CCI Primers

Started by davidlt89, June 17, 2022, 09:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

So, I am sure everyone has been feeling the crunch for reloading supplies. I was lucky to score 8lbs if IMR 4350 a couple weeks ago at "regular" price from a big retailer.

Last week I got an alert from ammoseek that someone had CCI 250 large rifle mag primers in stock (at regular price), so I got those ordered. I received them today, but I did not recognize the packaging!!

The box was all white with 250 O.E.M. on it. So I was not sure what to think about that, so I gave CCI a holler to find out if these were "legit". Come to find out, they are indeed 250 large rifle magnum primers but they are what they sell to the ammo companies. Probably why they have "not for resale" on them.

Technically, this is not supposed to happen and CCI was pretty interested to find out about them. Seems like someone somewhere has a little "side gig" going!!

primers by David LeTourneau, on Flickr
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Hmm... Good for you. Prolly not good for some CCI employee.

Is that 1000?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

sakorick

At least you got some great powder and primers!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

branxhunter

Interesting. We too are feeling the pinch over here in Australia with respect to reloading supplies. Being told no primers for the next 3-4 years. Prior to s recent delivery it was very difficult to find common projectiles like 50gn vmax. Prices have of course increased substantially. After a decision to no longer import Winchester powders plus another by the local powder manufacturer ADI to cease producing pistol powders insane prices are now being asked (and paid) for jugs of pistol powder, which makes it harder for 22 hornet shooters.

I've been stocking up on components but am a little light on for SR primers and 50gn vmax.

Marcus

davidlt89

Branxhunter, we definitely are feeling a pinch, but I don't think it is as bad as you guys over there. For the most part, you can find most anything, if you want to pay out the ying yang for it. They are gouging on Gunbroker, but you can usual find what you need.
Some things are hard to find though. Nosler bullets are almost non existent in .284 and I had to search like heck to get .224 50 grain nosler ballistic tips. But, if I were using a 55gr varmageddon, I could buy them by the truck load. Most primers in Large rifle and Large rifle magnum are hard to find at a reasonable price.

Tags: