Hi I'm Norman

Started by norman.mann3, March 10, 2014, 06:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norman.mann3

Hi I am Norman,  just newly joined,  and am looking for guys and gals who are maybe interested in talking around camping,  shooting etc.  look forward to any replies,  thanks Norm

davidlt89

Welcome to the forum norman! You came to the right place to talk about those things. Lots of good, friendly folks around these parts. Look forward to your posts. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

22hornet

Hi Norman. Welcome to THL.
 Look around THL and you will find loads of knowledge.

Where are you from Norman? What sort of hunting and shooting do you do? What's your favourite rifle?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

norman.mann3

Hi 22 Hornet,  I have yet to start hunting,  only just got my licence etc,  and almost got my PTA,  I have tho had put aside a Rem  7600 pump in .270 and am negotiating for a 22.250.  Not sure what I would like to hunt but have put a  lot of thought into the plight of our farmers plight,  pigs and goats,  but I think that as a personal thing I would like to one day have a hunt for deer,  but I gotta confess,  Hornet I am only just beginning after about a million years away from guns,  well since I was about twenty anyway.  Seems like a million years at least!  I have been very pleased to have found this site too,  talkin'  to you blokes,  and ladies too I hope,  is great for learnng,  I read the article today about the deer butchering,  most interesting,  and I am hoping one of you lads can do an article field dressing,  in case I get lucky one day,  thanks for your contact  regards Norman  Oh I live on the NSW coast,  at Nambucca Heads.

norman.mann3

Hi 22 Hornet,  thanks for your reply,  I live on the coast of NSW Nambucca Heads,  and I am new to hunting after having a long spell,  and have just got my license,  and almost my PTA,  I have had a Rem 7600 Pump put aside for me and am negotiation for a 22.250.  I have a lot to learn,  as everything is so different now,  this site is great and I am so pleased that there are you guys and hopefully ladies too that will help me along.  My personal thing is I would love to hunt for deer,  for the table actually, but on the other hand I am very interested in the plight of our farmers and their battle with ferals,  maybe later I can be of some use in this perhaps.   I read your article on deer butchering with a great deal of interest,  and would really like to read about field dressing game too,  maybe you can help with that too?  That'd be great,  and thanks to this forum too,  so I hope that I made some sense of this article,  thank you,  Norman

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

Good to see you back into the hunting scene Norman.
 Nambucca is a great place too. You have plenty of state forests around to choose from too. Loads of hunting grounds.

I'm certainly not the expert of butchering or breaking down a carcass, there are others on here that can do a much better job. Maybe the next time someone is breaking down a deer they could do a step by step photo article?

What rifles did you used to have prior to giving up hunting?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

norman.mann3

Hi mate,  way back then  When???  I had an even then old lee enfield at .25,  my favourite was a Parker Hale  in .243,  and my mate had a Hornet .22.  we did not get a lot of hunting done then,  but by heavens we haunted Silverdale!!  Lots of fun.  I did spend about another million years driving big trucks mostly road trains,  three trailers two dollies and heaps of freight out West and North,   and love with a passion this beautiful extraordinary land we have been given.  With my mate then,  we I spose by todays standards,  played with re-loading,  we sure did not have the technology that seems to be here now,  stuff I am reading is mind blowing,  but so interesting too.   Good to talk to you regards Norman

Jorge in Oz

Hi Norman,

Welcome to the forum. I use to hunt red deer when I lived in the Sunshine Coast Qld. Now I'm in Melbourne trying to hunt Sambar. Harder deer to seek out but as Hornet said you have plenty of areas to hunt up there. I hope you boys from NSW get back into the state forests soon enough. Happy to help out with any questions.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

norman.mann3

Hi Jorge,  sorry  I have been tied up with some work stuff although I am retired I still have stuff to do,  but here I am again so that is good.  Yep I am waiting now anxiously to get a licence to hunt in our state forests, I spoke to the DPI only today and they are as you know taken over from the games council up here,  and are still working on their program to get us all licensed, I am only just returned to shooting after a million  years at work driving road trains out in our fabulous far West and North,  a beautiful land this Oz country,  so I am enjoying everything so far,  good to talk to you, regards Norm

Jorge in Oz

Hey Norman,

I hope you guys in NSW get into state forest soon enough, must be itching to get back out there after such a long time being away from hunting.

Definitely a beautiful land this Terra Australis.

Cheers

Jorge
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: