Texas Turkey Pic

Started by CuzTheyFly, March 18, 2005, 03:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CuzTheyFly

DEADBIRD

Are those this years already?  I will be in the panhandle in about two weeks. Nice birds!;)
ENJOYING LIFE IN GODS COUNTRY

Antler3

Yep good job real nice birds. Hope I can score ;). Congrats !
ANTLER 3

ShadowRider

Good looking toms, cuz. Did you get both birds at the same time? How about a little story on the hunt?

CuzTheyFly

My Dad and Brother harvested those Spring Gobblers last year. In one of our two man blinds near a feeder. That same weekend they had a bobcat work my Dad's Turkey calling and decoy. My brother spoted the Bobcat and quickly handed the rifle to DAD. Why you ask? Well we are much better shotgun shooters than rifle marksman and this sucker was just too rare to pass up. Our Dad is equally deadly with rifle and shotgun. And when Dad raised his 12g,.223 over and under Savage Turkey gun, he killed his first Texas Bobcat. A 38 lbs cat with a neat silver tint to it's coat. Another funny story was Dad trying out the Remington Hevi Shot Turkey loads for the first time. One shot from the 12g and he dropped three gobblers. After which he stated, I think those new loads are worth the extra money... lol...So a Bobcat, Turkey, and then Three more Turkeys with one shot rounded out Dad's Turkey Season last year!

Gmoney

A 38 lb. Texas bobcat is a huge tom.....the biggest I have ever seen is about 34......nice cat and nice gobblers....
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Antler3

Wow ! Big kitty for sure, congrats to your Dad....sounds like a very fun time indeed. Thanks for the pictures and the story :D.
ANTLER 3

RatherBHuntin

Sure would like to have one of those over and unders from Savage, seems like one in .223 and 20 ga like yours would be the 'cats meow' around here.  A .22LR and .410 would be nice for rabbits too.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Tags: